Contact Center Lending Specialist
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time hourly Contact Center Lending Specialist to work out of our East Bremerton location in beautiful Kitsap County. This position is responsible for creating member loyalty by providing exceptional service and deepening member relationships by cross selling all products and services and demonstrating digital and self-serve options.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Contact Center Lending Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time/Hourly
Working hours: Monday-Saturday
Job Functions: General Business, Finance, Lending
Typical Job Duties
- Answer inbound calls from members or prospects – adhering to KCU standard business practices using sound judgement.
- Effectively work online lending queue to ensure quick turnaround on pending applications.
- Obtain detailed information on behalf of member or prospect to ensure application is complete for underwriter review and decisioning.
- Complete entire account review during time of application to look for cross sell opportunities of KCU products to create more fully engaged members.
- Achieve lending and sales goals while meeting standards for quality; may include inbound and/or outbound calling.
- Communicate loan decisions to applicants, provide loan counseling and/or alternative lending solutions as needed.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare loan documentation and fund loans according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain an active knowledge of Kitsap Credit Union’s lending products, policies, procedures, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Process new accounts to accommodate non-member loan requests received via our online and mobile channels.
This role may be right for you if you enjoy growing others and building a positive workplace. You pride yourself on being detailed and communicating clear expectations. Your previous employers praise your ability to recommend products to help customers reach their goals, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to create a lasting impact through improving and streamlining efficiencies. Your friends consider you approachable and tactful, and your family is proud of your passion to help the community and those around you.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of experience in a financial institution performing teller, new accounts, and account maintenance.
- One year of consumer lending (personal, Auto and Credit Cards) experience.
- Availability during Saturdays and extended business hours.
- Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within 30 days of hire and comply with the SAFE Act regulations.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******