Contact Center Associate
Kitsap Credit Union
We’re growing here at Kitsap Credit Union and looking for on-site, full-time, hourly Contact Center Associates, in East Bremerton. This is a great role for someone who works in a contact center with a focus on service to sales or someone who is in the retail or restaurant industry and wants a change; at KCU you will get a more consistent schedule and added bonus of holidays off. If you speak Spanish, that is an added bonus as you will have the opportunity to serve our Spanish-speaking members. The management team is passionate about empowering you to reach your goals and they are dedicated to the team. As a Contact Center Associate, you will support and resolve concerns over the phone, as well as help to identify and sell products and services that would benefit our members’ lifestyles. The Contact Center is a fast-paced, changing environment with new challenges each day. You will consistently be learning and will gain deep knowledge about the credit union.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Contact Center Manager
Employment Type: full time, hourly, non-exempt, onsite
Salary Range: $19.15-$21.82/hr depending on experience and qualifications
Working hours: Monday – Friday 7am-7pm, plus rotating Saturdays, 8am-5pm; 8.5hr shifts, 40hr work week
Job Functions: Call Center, Customer Service, Finance
Typical Job Duties
- Answer 60-80 member calls a day and provide support to members’ questions
- Suggest products and services to meet members’ lifestyle needs.
- Answer calls independently, following policies and procedures using sound judgment.
- Provide assistance placing orders for cards (new, activation, troubleshooting)
This role may be right for you if you enjoy connecting with people in a customer service environment and enjoy meeting customer needs with tailored service solutions. You pride yourself on your ability to meet each person as an individual, meet personal sales goals, and contribute to team goals. Your previous employers praise your keen eye for detail, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to see opportunities and act on them. Your friends consider you welcoming, and your family is proud of your ability to coach others in their financial aspirations.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Previous customer service experience
- One year financial institution experience performing transactions and account maintenance
- One year customer service in a high-volume call center environment
Who We Are
The Pacific Northwest is a great place to call home. That’s how we at Kitsap Credit Union have felt ever since we opened our doors in 1934 within the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Starting off as Navy Yard Metal Trades Credit Union, we’ve undergone a few name changes and our commitment to serving the community has never changed.
What We Offer
Not only are we one of the largest credit unions in Washington State, and growing, we are also a company that cares about its employees. We back that up for our employees by offering competitive pay and a benefits package that helps support you and your family’s lifestyle. We value our employees, and we strive to keep our benefits comprehensive and affordable. Some of our benefits include:
- Free onsite parking
- Annual time off and sick time accrued
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 Personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Choose from a PPO medical plan or a High Deductible with a Health Savings Account
- 3% KCU funded Safe Harbor Contribution to your 401K
- KCU will match up to 2% of your 401K contributions
- All 401K contributions are 100% vested
- Potential annual incentive in all roles within Kitsap Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Discounts on KCU’s products and services
- Paid Care.com membership including back up childcare reimbursement
- Paid RethinkCare subscription, a personal wellness and professional resilience program
We believe in the power of belonging – it’s in our DNA as a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative. Our un-bank-like structure ensures that we remain all about people: our members, our employees, and the people in the communities where we live and work. We work hard to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment where you can grow and excel in your career.
We are dedicated to serving our members by providing personalized experiences, convenient access, and highly competitive products and services. But it goes much deeper than that. For more than 86 years, we have been relentless about making a positive difference in our communities. We understand that when our members and communities succeed, we all succeed, and that success can’t happen without great employees. If this is the kind of organization, you’re looking for.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******