Consumer Relationship/Sales Manager
Seattle Credit Union
Job Title: CONSUMER RELATIONSHIP/SALES MANAGER
Functional Area: Lending
Reports To: AVP of Consumer Lending
Employee Type: Regular, FT
FLSA Status: Exempt
Seattle Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Role at Seattle Credit Union
Seattle Credit Union’s vision is to be Seattle’s Partner in Growth and Prosperity by providing financial advice, products, services and education. In Consumer Lending, this means identifying tailored lending solutions that creatively meet our members’ individual needs, so they are able to meet both their short- and long-term financial goals. We are seeking team members who are committed to making a difference in people’s lives, are motivated to give back to the communities they serve, are thoughtful about overall user experience, are creative problem solvers, are looking to solve the problems of the future, and are committed to growth and learning to best serve the diverse internal and external populations of employees and members.
The Consumer Lending Loan Relationship Manager’s primary function is to drive production and increase referrals by guiding, mentoring and training consumer loan officers. This person will partner with the Consumer Lending Operations Manager to ensure the overall success of the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively leads and supervises consumer loan officers, including assisting with hiring, training, reviewing, scheduling and other administrative duties.
- Actively listens to loan officer’s call recordings and provide feedback opportunities geared towards increased sales, including ancillary products.
- Ensures consumer loan officers are identifying and acting on cross-sell opportunities across all areas of the credit union.
- Provide training to branch and retail staff on consumer loan products in order to increase referrals.
- Seeks to continually improve the user experience through the use of technology and efficient processes.
- Works closely with the Consumer Lending Operations Manager to ensure production goals are achieved.
- Responsible for adherence to internal policies and compliance with state and federal regulations as it pertains to consumer lending.
- Represents the department during internal and external exams and audits as-needed.
- Responsible for training and cross-training Lending Dept. personnel.
- Conducts performance reviews, corrective action plans, and coaches staff on areas for improvement.
- Participates in budgeting and financial forecasting/planning.
- Assists in planning, development, and implementation of lending processes, programs, and policies.
- Supports, promotes and cross-sells the Credit Union products and services.
- Assists staff in maintaining department Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards.
- Demonstrate effective service interactions using the Service Interaction and Handling Objectives Models.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment, with occasional remote work available.
- May attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong sales background.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent technical process improvement skills.
- Extensive knowledge of consumer lending.
- Exposure to collaborating and working with underserved communities is desired.
- Genuine desire to engage with coworkers and members with diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual Spanish language skills is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal lending regulations.
- General knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Experience with the SharePoint platform is beneficial.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to connect with others with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to handle stress with a considerable workload and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability with at least 3 years experience in a sales role, one of which includes leadership/training capacity in sales with proven results in meeting/achieving goals.
- Underwriting background preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will need to be able to perform each essential duties of the job. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.