Consumer Loan Underwriter II
Contact: Daryen Johnson
Email: [email protected]
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting member loans within TAPCO and industry guidelines. Dependent on complexity of underwriting, functions may include reviewing financial statements, tax returns, credit reports and applicable ratios (debt ratios, loan-to-value), value of collateral, etc.
- Analyze applications and supporting credit information to determine quality of loan.
- Works with branch personal and loan officers to resolve exceptions. Contacts members, branch personnel or dealers to gather information and to make appropriate decisions and explain rational behind credit decisions.
- Supports other loan officers as needed.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of and adheres to the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position.
- Registers and maintains registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry in accordance with TAPCO policies and procedures.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Promote, explain and cross-sell other credit union services.
- Models a high level of customer service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- Tuesday – Saturday 40 hours a week.
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- 4 years consumer lending experience
- Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures
- Experience with income and asset analysis
- Knowledge of state/federal contract law and lending regulations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to persuade others
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field
- Working experience with full-service financial institution
- Understanding of credit union policies and procedures
- Experience dealing with complicated loans