Consumer Loan Specialist
Sound Credit Union
Sound Credit Union has an immediate opening for a Consumer Loan Specialist at our beautiful Downtown Tacoma location. Our Consumer Loan Specialists are responsible for calling members to verify lending information and satisfaction with their accounts by educating and recommending products and services that may be beneficial to then. They assist members with inquiries, requests, and problems in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Perform outbound calling to members and/or vendors to verify lending information and overall satisfaction.
- Verify member account information, loan term, mileage and options of vehicle purchased and collect feedback regarding their member experience at the dealership. Report any discrepancies to the appropriate manager or department lead.
- Expand member relationships by identifying and meeting members’ needs by effectively cross-selling all Credit Union products and services.
- Provide information on Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of Credit Union accounts, various interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours and telephone numbers.
- Process and fund a full range of indirect and/or direct consumer loans within lending authority limits; evaluate background information including employment history, credit history and debt to income ratio of applicants for consumer loans, lines of credit, and VISA credit cards. Review title reports and loan documentation ensuring all documents and information is complete prior to disbursement.
- Participate in processing, funding, and servicing of indirect loans; open new accounts obtained through indirect lending program; input relevant information into Indirect and host computer system; prepare and send Welcome Packets for new members obtained though indirect lending program; audit indirect loan files as assigned, to ensure compliance; respond to member inquiries regarding consumer loans.