Consumer Loan Specialist
TAPCO Credit Union
The Consumer Loan Specialist provides critical support to the lending team to provide our members exceptional service when obtaining consumer loans. As a Consumer Loan Specialist, you will assist with the processing and closing of our member’s direct and indirect consumer loans. As a Consumer Loan Specialist you understand the importance of timely processing of direct and indirect consumer loans originated within the lending department, you will focus your efforts on building relationships with existing TAPCO members, provide cross sale opportunities and ensure excellent member service.
Embraces and lives TAPCO’s Values.
- Trust & Understanding
- Respect for ourselves and others
- Integrity in all we do
- Holding ourselves and each other accountable
Ownership and Pride
- Goes above and beyond in an effort to do the best job they can. Displays professionalism in approach to work.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in all tasks and goals. Maintains focus in the face of obstacles. Uses time efficiently.
- Treats all people with dignity, respect and fairness. Shares time, energy and knowledge with others to ensure they can succeed.
Service to Others/Member Focus
- Listens to members (internal and external) and addresses needs and concerns. Follows through on promises and maintains confidentiality.
- Works with purpose. Is passionate and determined. Embraces and drives change.
- Balances work priorities with personal priorities so that neither is neglected.
- Collaborate with internal departments and members to develop and drive cross sales to capture market opportunities through promoting, explaining and cross selling credit union products and services, including but not limited to GAP, Mechanical Breakdown Coverage, payment protection and other loan and deposit products to enhance member relationships with TAPCO and deliver superior member service.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of and adhere to all credit union policies, procedures, products and services to enhance member relationships with TAPCO.
- Serve as the processor and primary contact for all parties involved on each consumer loan from decision to closing. Uncover and address member needs utilizing a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of credit union products and services and clearly communicating appropriate recommendations based on member needs.
- Works with staff to resolve exceptions. Contacts members, dealerships, and branch personnel to gather information to aid in timely processing and loan completion.
- Prepare and review executed loan documents and disburse/fund loan proceeds according to loan approval, as well as prepare and mail any necessary welcome packets. Performs outbound business development to deepen and retain member relationships through outbound calling to current and potential members.
- Serves as Credit Union advocate, representing TAPCO in a courteous and professional manner by conducting oneself appropriately at all times in manner, dress and actions. Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Contributes to the success of the department with a willingness to assume other responsibilities and provides back up assistance as required or assigned.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- One to two years previous financial institution new account, member service and consumer loan experience.
- Knowledge of state/federal contract law and lending regulations.
- Flexibility is necessary as an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products, and business equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone with members and all parties involved to ensure deadlines are met.
Position Working Conditions
- The work environment is an office setting.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Frequently required to sit and stand for longer periods of time.
- Works under tight time constraints.