Consumer Loan Originator
Rivermark Community Credit Union
Contact: Rebecca Gring
Phone: (503) 906-9762
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes loan requests received via phone, website and Lending Solutions Incorporated (LSI).
- Interviews members for additional loan options, compiles necessary documents and complies with loan policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional member service over the phone and via email, demonstrating a willingness and interest to help through a friendly tone of voice and electronic communication.
- Reviews and calculates verifications of income in accordance with loan procedures.
- Performs periodic collateral verifications to ensure compliance with loan rates and terms.
- Provides loan decision recommendations to Consumer Loan Underwriters.
- Communicates the final loan decision (approval, counter-offer, denial) to members. For counter-offers or denials, compassionately educates members on ways to improve their credit or debt scenario and offers additional tools to assist.
- Communicates with Consumer Loan Processors regarding document preparation and funding.
- Communicates regularly with members from when the loan is approved to funding completion, within established expectations.
- Represents the Credit Union in a friendly, outgoing, positive and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient and confidential service in the processing of information.
- Completes onboarding activities for all loans processed, including follow up with members after the loan has been funded in order to answer any additional questions and ensure member satisfaction.
- Actively cross-sells additional Credit Union products and services and informs members of active loan promotions throughout the loan process. Assists borrowers wanting to open a new membership.
- Meets or exceeds personal sales goals. Acts as a leader in sales, product knowledge, member solutions and work ethic.
- Takes complete ownership of every interaction whether it requires a call back, extended research or assistance from other teams until complete.
- Actively participates in coaching scenarios with management.
- Maintains security of all loan files and documentation.
- Follows the Credit Union’s written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all required regulations and to prevent loan fraud and losses.
- Continuously improves individual level of competency through training and development via established educational programs.
- Skillfully handles and resolves difficult member situations within appropriate guidelines and procedures. Enlists management in successful member resolution, if necessary.
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Continuous contact with members. Frequent contact with employees.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years financial institution work experience in a goal-driven environment that includes sales and consumer lending.
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Must possess and maintain current State of Oregon Producer Limited Line (credit) insurance license or be eligible to obtain the appropriate license within a 90-day period.
- Advanced knowledge of all Credit Union products and services and related legal and regulatory requirements. Extensive knowledge of the documents and forms required to complete consumer loans.
- Ability to conduct analysis of an applicant’s credit report and recommend alternatives when appropriate.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills. Strong interviewing skills to determine member needs.
- Ability to multi-task and work seamlessly and efficiently across several different platforms simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient data entry and ten-key calculator skills.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion when handling confidential member account information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to follow through on tasks with accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle processes, product and work flow changes productively.
- Working knowledge of acceptable member identification.
- Ability to build relationships with members via phone and email. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one and in a group setting. Ability to remain calm when helping difficult and/or irate members.
- Exceptional member service and sales skills in order to meet our members’ loan needs and make contributions toward the achievement of Credit Union goals.
- Ability to proficiently explain remote delivery channels and options with members.
- Research and problem-solving skills in order to identify and resolve issues.
At Rivermark Community Credit Union, service to our members is at the heart of everything we do. When you join Rivermark, you join a winning team of employees whose mission is “Rivermark makes life better with incredible financial solutions anywhere, anytime.”
For over 65 years, our employees have worked to define what Rivermark is today. They are the foundation of our business, the key to continued growth and success in the future and the reason why Rivermark is a great company to work for!