Consumer Loan Officer
NW Priority Credit Union
Benefits offered to you:
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary for each participant.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Our member facing position answers questions and assists members in applying for loans. Prepares loan documentation and enters into computer. Underwrites, approves and closes loans.
- Interviews loan applicants by gathering required information for credit applications, explaining loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- Answers routine member inquiries regarding account balances, payment amounts, status or history. Gives Blue Book information upon request.
- Obtains credit reports when required, verifies debts, calculates monthly payments, calculates debt ratio, verifies income, determines collateral needs and verifies insurance coverage for each applicant.
- Approves loans to a predetermined loan limit. Refers loans over predetermined limit to designated individuals.
- Prepares and verifies loan documents, including notes, security agreements, payroll deduction authorization and vehicle title forms have been accurately completed.
- Prepares disbursement checks.
Qualifications: Minimum of one year prior loan interviewing or loan processing experience required.