Consumer Loan Officer – Monday – Friday (No Weekends)
SnoCope Credit Union
Contact: Dustin Rohde
- Interview member loan applicants to obtain information concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition both in person and over the phone.
- Control all aspects of processing, underwriting, funding and servicing of indirect and direct loans. Input relevant information into system for loan processing and funding. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment by supporting and explaining reasoning for decisions and by meeting Credit Union policies.
- Identify cross sell opportunities and successfully cross sell Credit Union products and services at all times.
- Ensure compliance with credit union policies and procedures is met for all loans.
- Stay up-to-date on all Federal and State lending and collection regulations.
- Work with the credit union service organization in order to assist members with first mortgage lending solutions by taking applications, being familiar with their specific programs, general qualifying guidelines, and calculating payments using the system. Must become licensed to take applications as an originator. Responsible for updating status of mortgages on a weekly basis and ensure proper follow up when required.
- Provide coverage for front desk functions of the Loan Clerk during absences for breaks, lunches and vacations. Must be knowledgeable in all front desk functions in order to assist all member inquiries and request.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years consumer loan underwriting experience required. Mortgage lending experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including listening, oral and written skills.
- Ability to investigate and analyze borrower information and make sound credit decisions.
- Collections, Indirect (CUDL) lending and sales experience.
- Able to maintain Active Federal Registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System.
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Must be bondable
- Notary Public.
Knowledge in any of the following systems a plus: CU Prodigy, Meridian Link (Loans PQ), CUDL Lending 360, IQQ, e-Oscar, FIS-Client Link, CenterPoint, MortgageBot, e-Services-Securian.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, incentives, profit sharing and benefits. Full benefits package includes personal health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, LTD, 401k, employee wellness program, paid holidays, sick leave, generous vacation package, and education reimbursement program. Starting pay range $19.00 to $24.00 per hour depending on experience.