Consumer Loan Consultant
Maps Credit Union
1. Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies.
2. Responsible for identifying, developing, soliciting, managing, servicing and expanding member relationships by offering a full range of loan products and services to existing and potential new members.
3. Collaborates with internal partners to uncover sales opportunities. Proactively profiles and regularly contacts members and prospects to uncover loan needs and refer other credit union products and services; follows up to ensure the full opportunity has been captured.
4. Facilitates and assists applicants with the loan application process; manages borrower expectations and establishes a valuable trust relationship resulting in repeat business and loan referrals.
5. Interviews applicant, collects, examines, and evaluates financial and personal data in order to counsel and recommend appropriate lending products; submits application to underwriting for approval. Maintains a high level of contact with member to relay decision and ensure that needs are met.
6. Provides superior customer service. Corresponds, communicates, and coordinates with applicants to facilitate timely closings. Prepares loan documents for loan closing and disburses loan proceeds after approval by underwriter.
7. Ensures all regulatory disclosures provided to applicants are in timely compliance.
8. Maintains thorough knowledge of consumer lending policies and procedures in order to knowledgeably respond to member requests.
9. Maintain comprehensive sales data and documentation on all leads pursued.
10. Execute a prospecting and outbound calling program to members to support and promote credit union products and services.
11. Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and maintaining professional relationships.
12. Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and member/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business goals – especially managing personal time and productivity.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide account services to new indirect members by cross-selling appropriate products and services; answer questions regarding general and specific account related information.
2. Contribute to attaining Credit Union objectives by performing other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $17.54 – $26.31
1. Minimum two years experience in customer service, business development, and in direct and indirect selling roles, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. 2-4 years experience of similar or related experience in financial industry with an emphasis in lending.
3. High School diploma or equivalent; successful completion of high school-level mathematics in order to calculate figures and amounts.
4. Requires availability to work Monday – Saturday extended hours.
5. Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license.
6. Must be bondable.
7. Must meet the minimum standards set by SAFE and any applicable state laws, if performing the duties of a MLO. These minimum standards include but are not limited to: (1) never having the employee’s loan originator license revoked in any governmental jurisdiction, and (2) not having been convicted of nor pled guilty or nolo contendere to a felony in a domestic, foreign, or military court (a) during the seven-year period preceding the date of application for licensing and registration, or (b) at any time preceding such date of application if such felony involved an act of fraud, act of dishonesty, a breach of trust, or money laundering.
8. If performing the duties of a MLO, must be eligible to renew and must maintain registration with the Registry or the applicable state agency. Failure to renew or maintain registration will result in immediate termination.