Community Branch Manager
Verity Credit Union
Region: Seattle, WA
Contact: Lauren Ploskey
Email: [email protected]
Job Level: Management
Job Location: West Seattle – Seattle, WA
Position Type: Exempt – Full-Time
Salary Range: $57,000.00 – $80,000.00 DOE annual base bay + monthly team performance bonuses
We are hiring a Community Branch Manager for our West Seattle Branch! This role is the primary liaison between Verity and the vibrant West Seattle community that we serve. This position fulfills Verity’s mission by creating meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses, and non-profits in the community, identifying opportunities for Verity to help build the strength and viability of the community, and building Verity’s reputation in the community. This role is responsible for building a strong team that reflects the needs of the community, driving business development and community engagement efforts, and ensuring the achievement of branch objectives and sales, service, and profitability goals. Ideal candidates for this Community Branch Manager position are collaborative and relationship focused, thrive in a dynamic environment, and possess exceptional ability inspiring performance and delivering results by working through people.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people, planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee’s own reviews.
We Believe. . .
– Trust is earned each day.
– Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
– People come first, before the bottom line.
– Community engagement propels us forward.
– Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Community Engagement and Business Development
– Create and deploy business development and community engagement action plans that lead to the achievement of branch goals.
– Cultivate relationships with local businesses and community organizations, and identify and provide support for community initiatives, events, and needs.
– Provide insight into how our operations and product offerings can serve the needs of the community, and how we can increase our engagement and impact within the community.
Member Experience and Sales
– Develop and deploy branch action plans that lead to the achievement of sales, service, and profitability goals.
– Create a culture where branch staff embrace Verity’s values and experience standards, successfully uncover member needs, and create trusted relationships with members and the community.
Building and Developing Teams
– Develop and empower a team that can successfully enhance members’ financial lives when the Community Branch Manager is pursuing outside relationships and initiatives.
– Recruit, hire, onboard, and develop branch team members who are self-motivated, resourceful, and capable of consistently delivering results.
– Hold regular team and one-on-one meetings, mentor staff toward professional growth goals, write and deliver timely performance reviews, and effectively resolve staff issues.
– Maintain quality branch operations and effectively control risk while meeting service and growth goals.
– Demonstrate effective risk based decision-making that mitigate controllable losses.
– Perform other job related duties as assigned.
– Attending the job during regular business hours is a requirement of this position
– Some off-hour and off-site work, meetings, and events will be required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is desired
- Experience in a financial institution or related experience is highly desired
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in business development is desired
- Experience in community development is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Basic knowledge of credit union financial statements and other reports
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and direct fellow employees
- Knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards
- Ability to analyze and resolve employee relations conflicts
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts
- Creating and managing annual budgets
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodating the physical aspects of the position. The following are normally encountered in this job:
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies or office equipment
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Visually recognize and verify funds for negotiability
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.