Commercial Loan Operations Officer
Maps Credit Union
1. Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts
in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other
compliance related Policies.
2. Responsible for providing support and assistance with the origination, servicing,
and maintenance of the commercial loan portfolio including:
- Developing new business, building relationships with existing members and originating and increasing commercial loan volume.
- Meeting with applicants, obtaining pertinent loan information and data, reviewing financials, credit and collateral to determine loan request feasibility. Resolves questions or issues regarding application information.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and makes appropriate referrals.
- Participates in the preparation of well-developed credit requests for new loans that conform to the required underwriting format and guidelines set forth in the Business Lending Guidelines.
- Provides superior service, building and maintaining positive working relationships with members, borrowers, and their representatives.
- Maintains a high level of contact with Commercial Loan Officers, Analysts , and borrowers to ensure that needs are met, and documents required for processing, underwriting, closing and servicing are secured in a timely manner.
- Participates in planning and implementing marketing activities, realtor and other groups meetings and community events.
3. Responsible for:
- The processing of commercial loan requests from application thru loan closing; including opening business deposit accounts, ordering credit reports, appraisals and collateral evaluations, income and asset verifications, setting up escrow, etc.
- Reviewing loan conditions for accuracy and follow-up with Commercial Loan Officers and/or borrowers for outstanding conditions. Preparing loan documents and auditing signed documents for completion.
- Loan funding, post-closing follow-up and file quality control.
- Professionally communicating and coordinating with in-house staff and external providers to facilitate timely loan processing and loan closings, timely and thorough monitoring of commercial loans through periodic reviews, continual analysis and proper documentation.
- Processing loan payoffs, reconveyances, participation payments, HMDA tracking.
4. Assists the Business Deposit Program Manager and Officer as needed in establishing and maintaining business member depository relationships.
5. Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial loan, and business deposit account/cash management products and services, policies and procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
6. Assumes responsibility for and makes sound decisions based on department policies and procedures. A moderate amount of professional discretion and autonomy is expected in making decisions.
7. Supports inter- and intra-departmental operations and workflow by providing information to and cooperating with co-workers organization wide.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contribute to attaining Credit Union objectives by performing other duties as assigned
Pay Range: $22.85 – $28.56
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills and the capacity to integrate diverse objectives with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong sales and relationship management skills.
- Ability to prepare reports, presentations and analyze data drawn from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, with good problem prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to retain a broad knowledge of tasks performed in the department.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to build relationships and work with co-workers, members and outside agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Associates Degree in business related college courses (i.e., accounting, finance, business, or economics) or equivalent professional experience and industry specific training in real estate and/or commercial Lending.
- 5-7 years of progressive responsibilities in financial institution and lending experience with an emphasis on commercial and/or real estate lending operations.
- 3-5 years of business banking relationship/account management or similar related experience.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.