Commercial Loan Officer II
Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
The Commercial Loan Officer II is responsible for originating a profitable portfolio of commercial loans, with the overall objective of maintaining and growing its asset quality, and to develop new and existing business relationships.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Meet assigned sales goals and objectives. Participate in business development activities that promote the increase of business loans and deposits for the Credit Union.
- Call on member businesses to expand existing relationships crafting member dedication to the Credit Union.
- Accurately process business loan applications in a timely manner.
- Complete annual credit reviews of member business loans to assess the overall financial condition and member’s ability to re-pay the loan.
- Make credit approval recommendations to the appropriate approval authority that promotes safe and sound credit underwriting and prudent lending practices.
- Provide mentorship to the commercial loan processor in the completion of all loan documents and business loan closings.
- Assist in collection of past due loans, maintain a 30-day delinquency rate of .50% of less and a charge-off rate of no more than .50% of your loan portfolio.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Supervise existing loan portfolio to ensure credit quality and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date credit files including current financial information deemed vital and in accordance with the business loan agreement.
- Maintain an understanding of the Credit Union Policies and member business lending operating procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate support of values, mission and vision. Perform job duties within these standards and in accordance with the guidelines of our bylaws and regulations.
- Maintain and protect all critical data applying the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, acting in the best interest of the Credit Union. Lead by example by displaying proven ethics and integrity at all times.
- To provide knowledgeable, professional, friendly service to all members.
- To maintain up-to-date and extensive knowledge of all credit union products, services, policies and procedures.
- To participate in and support a team environment.
- To effectively manage your time that promotes responsiveness to credit requests, and other duties that may be assigned.
- To analyze the financial, management, and economic risks related to member business loan requests.
- To possess and display excellent member service attributes.
- To maintain a positive and professional image through effective verbal and written communication.
What You Will Need:
- Equivalent to a four-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business, trade school, or equivalent experience.
- Five to eight years of commercial lending experience or related experience analyzing business financial statements and assessing the financial position of a viable business entity.
- Must possess excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment, MS Office and Outlook software, financial analysis software, and other commercial lending platforms.
- Some travel may be required to fulfill duties, career development, and/or responsibilities.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.