Commercial Loan Officer
Red Canoe Credit Union
Contact: Jennifer Drew
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 578-5384
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- EVALUATE LOAN APPLICATIONS – Interview applicants, gather required information, and explain transaction details such as rates, fees, terms and collateral requirements. Analyze credit reports, financial statements and tax returns to determine financial standing. Compile, verify and request additional information as needed to prepare a written presentation outlining strengths/weaknesses, establish risk rating and make recommendation for approval or adverse action within the established policy guidelines. Ensure timely and thorough monitoring of loan portfolio. Conduct annual reviews on existing loans and update risk rating, if necessary.
- ACCOUNTS & OTHER SERVICES – Responsible for origination of business deposit relationships, business account growth and related processes. Must possess the knowledge and ability to promote related products such as: Check Express (remote deposit capture), business bill pay and merchant services. Cross sell other credit union products/services in an effort to obtain entire relationship and maintain frequent contact with target business member base to expand member relationships, ensure member retention and meet financial goals and objectives.
- MARKETING – Participate in business development in the community by being involved in community organizations and activities which enhance the credit union image and brand. Conduct outreach to individual businesses and perform outside sales calls.
- COORDINATE PROCESSING AND CLOSING – Ensure each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, approved, processed and disbursed. Duties include coordination of ordering and reviewing title reports, preparing request for loan documents, reviewing documents for accuracy, obtaining verification of insurance, coordinating loan signing, funding and lien follow-up. Coordinate closing loan activities with borrower, Business Lending Staff and the title company, if applicable.
- COMPLIANCE – Observe policies and procedures to ensure compliance with credit union goals and objectives. Possess a thorough understanding of all rules and regulations associated with business lending as dictated by the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).
OTHER BASIC DUTIES
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously and effectively manage and prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and make necessary detailed decisions
- Answer business lending inquiries and provide accurate information on Credit Union policies and procedures
- Maintain monthly pipeline/prospect report for Director of Business Services
- Discuss proposed loans with the Director of Business Services, Chief Lending Officer, and/or Business Loan Committee to obtain preliminary approval prior to proceeding with underwriting process. Obtain final approval before loan closing, per policy
- Participate in, and/or conduct, site visits of commercial properties
- Prepare complete credit presentation for review and approval by the Director of Business Services and/or Business Loan Committee
- Communicate approval or Adverse Action of business loans to business member
- Maintain ongoing relationship with borrower
- Participate in collection activity of business loans
- Participate in an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork to maintain and improve staff relations
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must be bondable
- Must meet schedule and deadline commitments
- Demonstrate excellent speaking and writing skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize, organizes, and works independently.
- Ability to handle the urgencies and complexities commensurate with the position, arriving at constructive solutions and maintaining positive relationships
- Must possess a competitiveness to make loans and meet goals
- Projects a professional image and neat appearance
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or in a related field preferred; or equivalent professional experience
- Two to five years experience as a Commercial Loan Officer
- Strong credit underwriting skills
- Ability to read English by sight; and, both speak and write English
- Ability to hear by telephone and in person