Commercial Loan Officer
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with business members and prospective business members to promote the credit union’s commercial loan services and solicit new business.
- Interview prospective borrowers and request necessary information to process loan requests.
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit, and evaluate collateral to determine feasibility of loan approval.
- Negotiate loan structure with prospective borrower, including fees, loan repayment terms and other credit terms.
- Underwrite credit requests taking into consideration applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and analyzed risk and present processed applications to appropriate approval authorities within the credit union as required.
- Assist members with inquiries and information requests and resolve issues relating to loan products and services offered.
- Promote and cross-sell other products and services as appropriate.
- Monitor loan portfolio to ensure proper management of risk ratings, compliance with loan covenants and early identification of potential problems. Participate in collection efforts as necessary.
- Participate in the credit union’s business development activities, represent the credit union in industry and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.