Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
Under the direction of the Collections Manager/Team Leader, the Collector I communicates with members with past due accounts, and reports activities to the file or system used to track account activity. The Collector I projects a professional image and maintains confidentiality with all member and sensitive data.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Contact members via outbound/inbound phone calls and other means of communication to negotiate account resolution and accurately input and document actions within the collection systems while maintaining company performance and productivity standards.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Gesa’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensure that efficient, accurate and professional service is being provided to the membership.
- Adhere to provisions as set forth in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and insure collection activity is always within Credit Union policy and all relevant regulations.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate assistance and support to all team members.
- Follow up on accounts in a timely matter according to current procedures.
- Analyze the financial situation of delinquent borrowers; make recommendations to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- May be required to support other work queues to facilitate teamwork in the department.
- Escalates and assists other team members with calls as needed.
- Maximize the collection and/or recovery of Credit Union assets from delinquent and charged-off accounts.
- Ensure all bankruptcy documentation and communication is referred to the Bankruptcy Specialist in a timely manner.
- Maintain a diligent record of attendance and timeliness.
- Testify at legal proceeding as required.
- Inform management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, and act in the best interest of the credit union. Lead by example by displaying solid ethics and integrity at all times.
- Maintain and protect all sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other job related projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond simultaneously to multiple tasks and requests.
- Promote a team environment, and participate in a cohesive team environment.
- Effectively communicate ideas and information, both orally and in writing.
- Professionally interact with members and coworkers at all times.
- Ability to refer to policy and procedures when applying information and making decisions.
What You Will Need:
- One to five years of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a high school education.
- Some travel is required to complete credit union training and/or fulfill duties.
- Display courtesy, tact, and diplomacy with current and potential members, peers, and staff.
- Proficient with standard office equipment Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.