Gesa Credit Union
Region: Tri Cities, WA
Contact: Kindra Cobos
Phone: (509) 378-3100
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Gesa’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensure that efficient, accurate and professional service is being provided to the membership.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate assistance and support to all employees.
- Contact members via outbound/inbound phone calls and other means of communication to negotiate account resolution and accurately input and document actions within the collection systems while maintaining company performance and productivity standards.
- May be required to support other work queues to facilitate teamwork in the department.
- Escalates and assists other team members with calls as needed.
- Maximize the collection and/or recovery of Credit Union assets from delinquent and charged-off accounts.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity.
- Adhere to provisions as set forth in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and insure collection activity is always within Credit Union policy and all relevant regulations.
- Ensure all bankruptcy documentation and communication is referred to the Bankruptcy Specialist in a timely manner.
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
- Follow up on accounts in a timely matter according to current procedures.
- Analyze the financial situation of delinquent borrowers; make recommendations to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Testify at legal proceeding as required.
- Inform management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Perform other job related projects and duties as assigned.
- Maintain work area and perform processes in a safe and sound manner.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, and act in the best interest of the credit union. Lead by example by displaying solid ethics and integrity at all times.
- Maintain and protect all sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond simultaneously to multiple tasks and requests.
- Ability to promote a team environment, and participate in a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to professionally interact with members and coworkers at all times.
- Ability to refer to policy and procedures when applying information and making decisions.
- One to five years of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a high school education.
- Some travel is required to complete credit union training and/or fulfill duties.
- Display courtesy, tact, and diplomacy with current and potential members, peers, and staff.
- Proficient with standard office equipment Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
Per the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, this is considered a sedentary position.
- Frequent sitting (31-70%).
- Occasional walking and standing (11-30%).
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently, including negligible forces.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a seldom basis.
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions.
- Work environment is indoors, in a clean office area.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Regular Full Time Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 18 Days Accrued Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employer Provided Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- 401k & Roth 401k With Employer Match
- Employer Provided Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance & Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Loan Discounts
- Annual Incentive Program
Your Extra Perks:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Development Training
- Employee Recognition Program, Gesa Gold & Service Awards
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa reserves the right not to hire any relatives of or those in a close personal relationship with any Gesa employee, Board member or Supervisory Committee member.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Gesa Credit Union will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (509) 378-3100.
EOE/AA – Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran