Collections Support Associate
SELCO Community Credit Union
Collections Support Associate
Location: Corporate Headquarters (Springfield, Oregon)
Work location: This position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements at our Corporate Headquarters location in Springfield, Oregon
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Benefit eligible: Yes
FSLA status: Non-exempt
Required schedule/availability: M-F (8:30am-5:30pm)
Starting Pay Range: $18.25 – $20.35 per hour. This range will be converted to semi-monthly ranges for full-time employees.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Collections Support Associate to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters location in Springfield, Oregon. This position provides administrative support to the Collections Department Team. The successful candidate brings a minimum of six (6) months experience in financial services, teller services, collections, or equivalent related experience. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/why-selco/careers/!
Job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Welcoming and interacting with members, team members and guests
- Providing administrative support including handling incoming and outgoing mail, account reconciliation, and document management
- Assisting with the coordination and development, implementation, and maintenance of Collections-related systems, procedures, and programs
- Maintaining thorough electronic documentation of individual collection activities or issues
- Preparing letters and other documents, including, but not limited to meeting agendas, memorandums, spreadsheets, etc.
- Processing transactions and performing file maintenance on accounts when necessary
- Maintaining office supply inventory; ordering, filling, and stocking as needed
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in-person, over the phone, and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels, inside and outside of the Credit Union
- Sophisticated computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Understanding of banking and general state and federal laws related to financial privacy, fair lending, collections, bankruptcy, and other applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, adaptability, and accountability
- Strong analytical, problem solving, problem resolution, and active listening skills
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least six (6) months of customer service experience; and
- Must be bondable