Collections Specialist I or II
Maps Credit Union
- Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies.
- Resolve delinquent amounts on loan accounts with a high level of expertise and measurable success.
- Resolve negative share accounts with a high level of expertise and measurable success.
- Keep accurate and current records of all collection activity (e.g., correspondence with members, actions taken for recovery of past due accounts).
- Perform all duties and responsibilities associated with collection functions including; collection agency files, negative share accounts, the courtesy pay overdraft program, fraud, repossessions, charge off reviews, small claim and bankruptcy proceedings, garnishments, the CPI program, documentation, correspondence, and department reports.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all department processes and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all credit union products and services.
- Provide a high level of member service. Display firmness and fairness regarding collections issues. Provide assistance with account and service information.
- Supports inter/intradepartmental operations and workflow by providing assistance, information and cooperation.
- Demonstrate visible support for management decisions.
- Contribute to process improvement by continually assessing assigned tasks and communicating potential solutions.
The most qualified candidate will have either
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Business-related (i.e., accounting, finance, management, economics), college-level courses or combination of experience and Credit Union or financial industry-specific training.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years’ experience in customer/member service.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years progressive financial industry experience in collections, lending and financial services or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Requires the availability to work Monday – Saturday hours.
- Must be bondable.
Pay Range: $17.54-$25.18