Collections Representative I
Kitsap Credit Union
This position is eligible for remote work for Washington state residents.
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring a full-time hourly Collections Representative I to work out of our East Bremerton location or hybrid or remote within Washington state. This position is responsible for identifying delinquent accounts and establishing workable means of communication with members to ensuring prompt repayment of loans to minimize losses. As a collector, you will use display excellent customer service and support our members through your creative problem solving and negotiation skills.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Accounts Control Supervisor
Employment Type: Non-exempt | In-person, hybrid or remote
Working hours: Full-time
Compensation: $17.73 per hour or more depending on experience
Job Functions: Collections, Billing, Repossession, Account Management
Typical Job Duties
- Ensure delinquent accounts become current by identifying problems and creating a resolution
- Provide data, reporting, communication, and solutions around various account issues
- Attempt to locate members that have missed payments
- Manage a high level of calls to members and additional contacts
- Attend work-related courses and seminars to pursue self-development and meet compliance regulations
This role may be right for you if you enjoy helping people in difficult situations. You pride yourself on your ability to be compassionate while upholding standards. Your previous employers praise your ability to prioritize tasks and research new ways to complete them, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to create wins in difficult situations. Your friends consider you analytical and ethically minded, and your family is proud of your ability to seek the best for yourself and others.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in collections or similar environment involving public contact via phone or call center environment
- Must be a Washington State resident to be employed with Kitsap Credit Union
- Previous collections experience
- Previous experience diffusing difficult customer situations
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******