Rivermark Community Credit Union
Contact: Rebecca Gring
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 906-9762
Oversees and drives Credit Union collection activities. Leads and directs collections team to ensure proper proactive collection efforts and best practices for Consumer Loan and Real Estate delinquencies. Develops strategies for delinquency reduction and works to minimize Credit Union losses. Ensures high quality member and internal staff service levels and department goals are met.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides supervision, leadership, and coaching to direct reports in the performance of their work duties. Seeks and provides developmental opportunities for department.
- Utilizes broad regulatory and loan product knowledge to ensure Credit Union collection practices, processes, and day-to-day workflows are in compliance with Federal and State compliancerequirements related to collections and recovery processes.
- Regularly imparts regulatory knowledge and best practice collection techniques to staff members. Ensures collections staff is knowledgeable and versed in the Credit Union operating policies and procedures related to collection functions. Ensures staff is cross-trained in collection areas outside their typically assigned duties.
- Leverages Credit Union business systems and technology to implement best practice system-automations, effective work ques, and maximized workflows within collections department. Develops and enhances policies and procedures as necessary; ensures proper documentation and communication of updates.
- Effectively communicates departmental collections goals and strategic initiatives to staff; ensures daily work flows and department operations are in alignment. Establishes performance expectations. Monitors daily activities; coaches staff and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Provides regular and periodic communication to staff regarding collection programs, policies, procedures, and departmental activities.
- Applies credit and collections knowledge to effectively manage loan delinquencies and mitigate Credit Union losses.
- Provides member oriented, service focused assistance and council to members as appropriate and necessary. Works with members to identify financial problems and develop workable solutions. Handles escalated calls.
- Oversees and performs responsibilities associated with the collection function including repossessions, foreclosures, documentation, record keeping, charge‑off recommendations, bankruptcy, small claims proceedings, garnishments, etc. Provides loan, product, and service information to members.
- Manages and monitors at risk and debt restructured loans. Forecasts delinquencies and loan losses by portfolio and product. Provides regular updates and delinquency reports to management.
- Applies system and collection knowledge in the development and production of periodic reporting of repossession, foreclosures, collateral protection insurances, etc.
- Trains and coaches staff to practice proactive collection efforts and follow prudent collection techniques.
- Actively pursues recovery and collection of charged‑off accounts.
- Embraces continuous learning. Is actively aware of legal and regulatory updates.
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility.
Frequent contact with members and employees.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field highly preferred. Minimum five years of progressively responsible collection experience within a financial institution covering a wide variety of consumer, real estate, and business loans. Minimum five years of demonstrated successful collections management/supervisory experience with a high performing team.
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong member service orientation and commitment to the Credit Union’s mission and values.
- Thorough, up to date knowledge of collection laws and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing collection techniques and employing best collection practices.
- Experience implementing and driving best practice collections processes and procedures for diverse lending portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of loan products, loan policy and related documentation.
- Strong understanding credit criteria and interest rate computation.
- Strong understanding of foreclosure regulations, documents, and procedures.
- Experience with repossessions, bankruptcies, garnishments, and collateral liquidation.
- Ability to effectively track and report collection related data. Proven ability to identify risk, forecast outcomes, and recognize business trends.
- Ability to effectively mentor, coach, and train staff members. Experience leading teams and strategic initiatives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to apply tactful, lawful, interviewing and negotiation strategies.
- Ability to organize projects, prioritize workflow and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy. Experience documenting standardized processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise appropriate independent judgment.
- Experience with core banking systems and collections platforms. Ability to quickly learn, implement, and leverage new technologies related to the collections environment.
Rivermark Community Credit Union believes that our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to helping individuals develop professionally by providing pathways towards advancement and continual learning opportunities. Ours is a culture of celebrated diversity, inclusion, trust, and respect. We believe in superior member service, being the best at what we do, and challenging the status quo.
At Rivermark, we place a high value on engagement and true work-life balance. Our compensation package includes a quarterly incentive bonuses, 100%-paid employee health insurance, a 4% 401(k) employer match, paid volunteer time off, and generous PTO.
We value people of all backgrounds and abilities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.