Chief Financial Officer
Linn-Co Federal Credit Union
- Oversee and manage the financial accounting functions of the credit union, including ALM, budgets, general ledger, financial analysis , financial reporting ad recordkeeping, investments.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the Accounting/Finance Department. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented.
- Present monthly reports to the Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Prepare or work with vendors for ALM reports. Participate in ALCO committee which determines deposit and loan rates.
- Responsible for providing guidance on investment decisions. Purchase of investments and tracking of investments.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information.
- Assists with vendor negotiations and major purchasing decisions for capital equipment and other capital asset expenditures.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual required financial reports to various agencies.
- Works with Supervisory Committee.
- Serves as the credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and auditors.
- Must have a professional level of knowledge in productivity software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and others.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, including after hours or on week-ends.
- Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have attention to details, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment, and responsiveness in a timely manner.
- Skilled in prioritization, organization and project management.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to keep abreast of all regulatory and operational matters which affect the Credit Union operations.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and run public and internal events for staff and or public.
- Skilled in writing and editing with an attention to detail.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
- Knowledge of the Credit Union industry, regulations and operations
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing groups and team.
- Knowledge of computer skills including excel, word, e-mails. Ability to work with data systems.
- Ability to travel as needed.