NW Priority CU
Region: Portland, OR
Contact: Rose Martin del Campo
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 760-5304
- Coordinates checking account processing. Verifies computer report each morning. Pays or returns checks, as necessary, making the appropriate data entries into the computer. Sends notices or receipts to members. Makes necessary general ledger entries and ensures that entries balance. Builds return file and sends to Corporate each day and reverses or charges fees, as required.
- Acts a liaison with Catalyst and Deluxe check printers. Processes stop payment orders and check copy orders. Monitors overdraft activity. Makes appropriate data entries on members accounts. Compiles and maintains fraud and forgery files. Process forgery claims with bonding company.
- Administers IRA program which includes opening/closing IRA accounts, handling transfers and rollovers. Monitors all transactions processed on IRA accounts for accuracy and complete documentation. Provides monthly required minimum distributions. Handles deceased IRA accounts, charges and sends notice of annual fees. Provides assistance to both members and staff with IRA questions or problems. Maintains IRA files.
- Opens and closes term shares by completing necessary documents and entering data into computer. Sends maturity notices and follows member instructions regarding disposition of matured term shares. Answers member and staff questions regarding term shares. Maintains term share information in member files. Responsible for ensuring proper disclosures are given/mailed to member for renewals, maturity notices and new term shares.
- Assists members with the balancing of their accounts. Assists members and staff with electronic service/online banking questions or problems.
- Maintains FiServ and Reliance systems with correct address, name and card status including reissues.
- Assists with payroll change changes or stop payment forms, verifying completion and accuracy. Makes necessary data changes.
- Process and verify wire transfers through Fedline. Makes appropriate entries to members accounts and general ledger.
- Answers routine member inquiries regarding balance, status and account history. Processes telephone transfers for members.
- Provides assistance to main office and branch staff with inquiries on accounts and takes lost or stolen card information. Completes and processes necessary forms and reports.
- Assist with card reissues and compromised cards as needed.
- Verifies all VISA, Debit/ATM card orders and check orders for accuracy.
- Verifies closure request to make sure all cards are blocked.
- Process member check copy requests.
- Verifies all payroll and ACH start, change, stop payment forms for completion and accuracy. Makes necessary data changes.
Successful completion of high school math and grammar courses in order to compute adjustments accurately, and to communicate effectively with members and staff.
A minimum of one year teller experience required and minimum one year checking account/IRA or electronic service experience required.