Centralized Lending Underwriter
Oregon State Credit Union
Region: Corvallis, OR, USA 97333
Contact: Brie Caffey
Step up your financial services career by joining one of the most respected credit unions in the Northwest, Oregon State Credit Union! With over a billion dollars in assets, a strong reputation of integrity, and headquartered in Corvallis, this is your chance to join a local, community-focused Credit Union making a difference in the lives of our members.
As a Centralized Lending Underwriter, you’ll analyze and makes decisions on consumer loan requests (credit cards, auto loans, etc). You’ll consult with our members over the phone to discuss loan decisions and provide solutions that are in their best financial interest. You’ll serve as an expert on credit union eligibility, loan and share products and related services and field hotline calls on these topics from our front line staff. You’ll also support and underwrite auto-dealer referral loans. This is a challenging, next-level position which requires excellent communication skills, strong time management skills and the ability to make sound, logical decisions.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better. The service you’ll provide determining what loans are appropriate to approve, is critical to our success.
Hours: Business hours M-F, with rotating Saturdays
What you will need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years relevant financial industry experience
- Experience with consumer loan underwriting and software, preferred
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills, exceptional phone etiquette and strong customer service skills
- Must have the confidence to resolve challenges, make decisions, and manage multiple loans
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with an amazingly generous employer match!
- Promotion opportunities
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, wellness and recognition programs
Submit your resume right now with our 3 minute application!
Location: 4800 SW Research Way
Work type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: Generally starts at $21/hr +bonus, more depending on experience
Equal opportunity employer, including vets and disabilities
The above information is intended to provide the general nature of work performed in this position and outline primary qualifications. See the job description for complete details.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.