Card Services Manager
Sound Credit Union
Sound Credit Union is currently hiring for a Card Services Manager. The Card Services Manager is responsible for managing and optimizing efficiency for the Card Services department, including the Credit Union’s Visa Debit/Credit Card, Rewards, Payments, the ATM, member service systems/procedures, equipment, and maintenance. This position will develop and implement Visa Credit/Debit card operations policies and procedures to ensure they meet regulatory guidelines. In this role the Card Services Manager ensures Card Service programs align with strategic and business plans of the Credit Union. The Card Services Manager also provides leadership to employees and serve as a role model for the Credit Union’s value statements. The Card Services Manager also provides support, input, feedback, and guidance concerning daily operations for the department.
As leaders of Sound Credit Union embrace our Brand Purpose. We recognize our actions strongly impact our Brand-led culture. Therefore, we commit to consistently serve as Brand Advocates by modeling desired behaviors to inspire others through being Supportive, Open, Unified, iNclusive, and by Doing the right thing.
- Manage the VISA Debit/Credit Card, Rewards, Payment Solutions, and ATM Programs. Lead the implementation, measurement and improvement of products and services.
- Responsible for the Compliance and Records Retention for all Card Services product and service programs.
- Serve as subject Matter Expert for all product and service programs and systems used in the Card Services Department and be a resource for internal and external member problem resolution.
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Digital Enterprise, and Operations to mitigate and manage card fraud and security risks. Moreover, monitor ATMs for suspicious devices, activities, and recommend and implement ATM security upgrades.
- Manage the Credit Union’s ATM usage and performance to ensure SLAs pertaining to processing and uptime are met.
- Serve as liaison for all third-party relationships pertaining to the products and services in Card Services. Complete required due diligence determined by vendor management policy and vendor rating.
- Serve as the VISA Global Inc. liaison, and ensure all required reporting is completed accurately and timely.
- Manage Visa Network standards to ensure Visa Credit/Debit card production requirements are maintained.
- Implement workflow improvements within the Card Services department.
- Manage the Card Services Department’s Business Continuance Plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standardized departmental policies and procedures for operational procedures, products and services programs. Ensure policies and procedures reflect compliance with applicable state and federal regulations/laws and are communicated appropriately.
- Assist with projects at the direction of the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide high priority to member satisfaction; act in accordance with Sound Credit Union’s Brand expectations.
- Five years related management or supervisory experience in a financial institution required.
- Progressive experience in operations, plastic card management, deployment strategy and/or project management required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Must be bondable.
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Full Medical, dental, vision, and disability for the employee – paid by Sound!
- 4 weeks PTO
- Generous bonus structure
- 401K w/ 4% match – Plus discretionary profit share!
- Paid Federal holidays
- Gym/lifestyle reimbursement
- Tuition Assistance
- ORCA pass
- True work/life balance
- Relocation Package Available
Pay: $66,400.00 – $83,000 Annually – Depending on Experience & $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
About Sound Credit Union: Sound Credit Union (Sound) was founded in 1940 and is one of Washington State’s largest credit unions. We have 29 full-service branches located throughout the Puget Sound region.
Sound’s purpose is “to stand with you through all waves of life”. Every day, our employees help us to live this purpose. We believe in empowering our employees to do the right thing. At Sound, we pride ourselves on making connections with our members, employees and community. Here at Sound, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core to who we are and how we operate every day. Together, we strive to be champions for inclusion as we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse perspectives of our employees, members, and the communities we serve. Our employees are dependable, genuine, inclusive and resourceful. Besides competitive pay, we offer career growth and we hold a benefits package that’s consistent with our purpose, personalities, and values. Everyday our team is living out the credit union philosophy of “people helping people”. We’d love to share more about why Sound is somewhere you want to be, apply now and visit our website at: www.soundcu.com.
Sound Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status.
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.