Card & ATM Support Specialist
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the Card & ATM Support team at the Unitus Headquarters in downtown Portland, the Card & ATM Support Specialist provides service and resolution to internal and external members of the department ensuring our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents. The Card and ATM Specialist serves the member by handling all card-related inquiries and assigned ATM research. This individual provides member service support for the frontline, member-facing departments. They also serve as back-up to the Card and ATM Support Representative as needed. The Card and ATM Specialist assists in card disputes and monitoring card and ATM reports and processes to reduce and minimize card-related fraud exposure to the membership, balance reports, and other account maintenance activities. This individual is part of a team that ensures an outstanding experience for members utilizing a Unitus plastic card and contributes to the growth and profitability of the Visa card program.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Associates degree or equivalent in work experience required
- A minimum of 1.5 years in a card services role with experience performing moderately complex card services transactions such as disputes and/or fraud
- A minimum of 1 year of general ledger account balancing
- Experience and working knowledge of the banking/credit union industry
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions, and identify appropriate course of action.
- Strong ability to work with numbers while maintaining attention to detail and performing follow through on problems through resolution using technology and people resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including effective listening, using tact in dealing with internal and external members and colleagues, problem-solving, and writing
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and ability to demonstrate Unitus services through the use of technology.
- Ability to work independently and as team player while using direction in decision making, sound judgment, and problem solving.
- Comprehend and adhere to all company wide and department specific policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Basic math and 10 key skills including ability to accurately calculate debits and credits.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be reliable and dependable in being at work, being on time, and meeting deadlines.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing! Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.