Business Systems Analyst I, II, Senior
Rogue Credit Union
Ensures that Rogue Credit Union is meeting top output efficiency. Improves organizational effectiveness and efficiency in the pursuit of an exceptional experience for internal and external members. The Business Systems Analyst I is the liaison between various teams, including developers, project managers, vendors, and the end user. Works on multiple projects and provides subject matter expertise, support, training, and testing. These projects will range from smaller process improvement efforts to enterprise-wide strategic projects. Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
30% Works cross-functionally with stakeholders at all levels to determine what is and is not working. Works with stakeholders on the requirements elicitation and documentation process. Responsible for identifying and addressing current and future business needs, translating them into actionable documentation which formulates and defines the project scope, and objectives. Develops procedures in partnership with work teams to improve existing systems and processes.
30% Works with teams to document current state processes and systems to identify opportunities/gaps to improve department effectiveness and efficiency. Responsible for advising on the allocation of resources in a way that minimizes waste and maximizes efficiency taking into account the budget for operational costs.
15% Leads teams through new processes to analyze, prioritize, organize, and verify requirements. Evaluates performance, systems, current processes, and formats. Compiles objectives for improving and streamlining company procedures; advises on best practices.
15% Performs project management, analysis, and implementation of tasks as required. Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
10% Proactively performs other related duties as required.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement.
2. Maintains a basic understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures.
3. Demonstrates business systems analyst proficiency providing quality results and leadership to project teams through process improvement steps. Identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes needed to achieve business results.
4. Possesses an understanding of business functions to analyze and propose technical strategies for improved business results. Assesses benefits, risks, and costs to make decisions and develop a framework for process improvement.
5. Demonstrates time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize tasks, responsibilities, and priorities with attention to detail and accuracy. Takes responsibility for timely completion.
6. Meets or exceeds the established process improvement goals individually and for the Credit Union.
7. Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to facilitate a collaborative working relationship between departments and stakeholders. Has good listening skills and contributes ideas.
8. Is a creative thinker and problem solver who skillfully identifies and removes barriers to ensure project success. Drives complex projects with minimal guidance/oversight.
9. Promotes teamwork and works effectively with all departments and branches. Collaborates with other members in the pursuit of Rogue Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Values, and mutual goals. Places high priority on team needs, involves others in the decision-making process. Draws on the strengths of colleagues and gives credit to others’ contributions and achievements.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED. A four-year degree is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: High general competency and the ability to learn new things quickly. Self-starter who is highly motivated and organized. Strong results orientation, with a focus on quality and attention to detail. Effective time management and prioritization skills. Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities to ensure success. Team player with demonstrated ability to work successfully with mixed teams of business and technical resources. Must be comfortable learning to interact with senior management and the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders. Ability to analyze and assess process and project complexities. Ability to identify and mitigate risks. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Familiarity with process improvement methodologies, requirements elicitation, documentation, and project management.
Physical Requirements: Some lifting required (up to 30 pounds), continuous sitting, occasional standing, and occasional walking. Finger dexterity while using a computer. Occasional talking and hearing in person and on the telephone. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and continuous clarity of vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to drive a motor vehicle or arrange for own transportation.
Work Environment: This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of adjusting to unpredictable schedules proactively. As a direct representative of the Credit Union, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery. Travel to all Credit Union regions may be required.
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Note: Rogue Credit Union is a drug free workplace and requires a drug screening test within 48 hours of employment offer.
Rogue Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method, please call (541) 622-7577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.