Business Services Support Specialist
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Order and review of applicable due diligence items (operating agreements, account cards, business license, entity documentation, etc.).
- Assist Business Services Development Officer with managing the auxiliary business services products (ACH, RDC, analysis accounts, etc.).
- Follow up on business memberships and business services.
- Provide loan services support for business members.
- Assist Business Services team in improving the knowledge of the Business Services products throughout the other delivery channels, including supporting the Branch Network to provide increased sales opportunities.
- Insure credit stipulations and covenants are followed and loan packages are complete.
- Monitor and manage the existing business membership portfolio with a focus on product performance of existing relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed.
- Research industry trends and risks.
- Ability to interact in a courteous and professional manner with other departments within the credit union, vendors, outside visitors and by phone.
- Act as a backup for questions regarding business products and services.
- Send correspondence to members and follow-up when necessary.
- Assist management in preparation for internal/external audits.
- Keep the team informed during the onboarding process and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Compile reports as requested by management.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Please Note: If you feel you do not have all the qualifications and/or skills listed we still encourage you to apply.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in business administration or two or more years of related experience (desired)
- Experience working with small business clients (preferred)
- Commercial documentation experience (a plus)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of business accounts and deposit support.
- Knowledge of financial institution processes, loan policies and procedures, and the fundamentals concepts of business accounts.
- Maintain strict adherence to established security procedures.
- Ability to learn and use software, including commercial underwriting programs.
- Ability to read complex entity documents.
- Ability to collect, organize, interpret, and analyze entity documentation.
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Prioritizes to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to be certified as and maintain status as a notary.
Verity CU is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.