Business Services Portfolio Manager
Solarity Credit Union
REMOTE (WA, OR, ID)
As the Business Services Portfolio Manager, your typical day may include the following:
- As you sip your morning coffee, you log in reviewing your calendar to prepare call plans for the centers of influence (COI’s) and members you lined up from the following week(s).
- You attend the morning huddle with your department to discuss the weekly workload, plans for success or gain support for any hurdles you face.
- Following the review of the pipeline, you begin digging into current deals. Updates are communicated to all stakeholders to ensure quality and transparency.
- You take the time to follow up with current borrowers and handle any requests to move the deal forward, or handle action items.
- Now it’s time to make calls or join pre-scheduled zoom meetings to new COI’s, knowing you were prepared by creating a call plan pre-meeting. During the call you take notes, identify opportunities, and continue building relationships. As the call wraps up, you log your lead and notes, capturing the discussion, setting the stage that begins the streamlined process.
- You switch gears to make calls to current members as a retention and relationship strengthening effort while gathering and reviewing updated financial information needed for ongoing annual reviews.
- It is now time for your personal development. In this role you report directly to the Chief Lending Officer where you have a scheduled meeting discussing measures of success, or simply going over your needs for future growth.
- Taking needed time, you collaborate with the Relationship Manager to support the influx of opportunities from their calling efforts and prepare the files to be vetted for viability.
- You’ll review the applicant’s financial status, credit and property characteristics to determine project feasibility. You then coordinate issuing a letter if interest to move the opportunity forward.
- The last hour of your day is reserved for You. Take time to organize yourself, get your calendar set up for the next day / rest of the week while reflecting on your successes and opportunities for improvement.
- As the day ends, you button up your office and smile, because it was a good day!
The Cultural Fit
- If the following Core Values resonate with who you are in your life, this might be the perfect fit for you:
- Courage: Having the fortitude to remain accountable, maintain the self-esteem of teammates and having the confidence to make decisions based on good judgment.
- Impact: Pursues meaningful results to make a positive difference, not satisfied with the status quo, and you want to constantly exceed the expectations of members and coworkers.
- Passion: You have a member-obsessed mindset and bring energy and focus to all aspects of your job. You are interested in celebrating wins of others, and constantly embrace organization initiatives and change!
What we need from you…
- College degree in business, finance, or a related field preferred.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills required.
- A minimum of two years in lending required, including problem loans and workouts.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of loan clients.
- Experience in loan documentation, closing policies, procedures & practices.
- Knowledge of business and income property lending.
- A high level of analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, project management and problem-solving abilities.
- Resident of Washington, Oregon, or Idaho – REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of LaserPro and experience using a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM – i.e Salesforce) is a bonus!
- Ability to meet the minimum internet speeds required to work remotely.
- Competitive annual salary, and opportunity for uncapped commissions based on monthly minimum production.
- A comprehensive benefits package low-cost medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage for yourself and your family with a generous employer contribution to your HSA account.
- Generous paid time off allowances plus 12 paid holidays annually.
- A substantial retirement program match of up to 6% of your annual earnings.
- An employee wellness program including EAP coverage and gym reimbursement.
- An organizational culture that is committed to your success.
- Significant opportunity for career growth.
- A supportive leadership team.
- Excellent member service-oriented culture.
Solarity Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status. Solarity Credit Union participates in E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 509.248.1720, ext. 1520 for assistance.