Business Loan Officer
Salal Credit Union
WA, OR, or CA
Salal Credit Union is searching for a Business Loan Officer to provide quality guidance to commercial account members during the loan origination process and maintain relationships with members. This is your opportunity to tackle complex banking solutions for our commercial accounts including cannabis-related businesses across parts of our regional markets.
The ideal candidate will be based in Washington, Oregon, or California with the ability to travel for member site visits a few times per quarter.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary of $90,800 – $127,167 depending on experience. This range reflects the entire salary range for the position. Most candidates can expect to receive an offer with an annual salary within 35-60% of the identified range for their respective position.
- Ability to earn additional compensation for meeting loan origination and deposit goals. These earnings are paid out quarterly based on the individual’s production in each area. Team members who meet their quarterly goals will earn approximately $8,000 in variable compensation per quarter. Additional details are available to applicants during the interview process.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Our high deductible plan options include a health savings account (HSA) with annual contributions from Salal of $1,575 for individuals and $2,375 for individuals with dependents.
- Paid vacation (starting at 15 days per year)
- Paid sick time (12 days per year)
- 2 floating holidays per year (eligible for use after 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays in accordance with the Federal Reserve calendar
- $7,500 of tuition reimbursement annually for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with pretax and post-tax (Roth) options. After 6 months of employment, Salal will match 50% of employee contributions up to 4% of pay.
- $500 Charitable contribution match annually.
- $100 monthly transportation subsidy for employees that qualify.
- Company paid life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurances. Additional insurance options are available on a voluntary basis and are paid for by the employee. These include accident, critical illness, short-term disability, and long-term care insurance.
As a loan officer, you play a crucial role in serving as the face of our credit union while working with existing and potential members. You act in a consultative capacity with these businesses by listening to their needs and suggesting appropriate commercial banking solutions including loans, credit cards, deposit solutions, and other account services as appropriate. This requires managing risk and growing a portfolio of key member relationships including intricate accounts and cannabis-related businesses while also maintaining relationships with an existing portfolio of members.
We’re here to provide a world-class member service experience and to do all we can to improve the financial lives of our members. Business Loan Officers are driven, focused, friendly, and fully dedicated to success. They’re natural leaders, enthusiastic, positive, and of service. They are energetic and passionate, strive for continuous improvement, seek critical feedback, have strong initiative, demonstrate a sense of ownership and accountability, and excel in communication, follow-up, time management and organizational skills.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A BUSINESS LOAN OFFICER
- 5+ years of experience with financial institutions in a sales and business development
- Business and commercial real estate lending knowledge
- Credit and business acumen
- Ability to pair sales skills with a service mindset
- Willingness to proactively sell products and services
- Excellent customer service skills