Business Lending Credit Analyst
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union has a full-time, salaried, in-person or hybrid opening for a Business Lending Credit Analyst in beautiful Kitsap County, WA. This position is responsible for the support of the Business Services Department by providing analysis for credit decisions and servicing activities ensuring effective and efficient department operations.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: VP, Lending and Credit Administration
Employment Type: Full-time, salaried.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
Job Functions: Analysis, Reporting, Business
Typical Job Duties
- Prepare business loan reports for appropriate approval levels, which would include the analysis of the business and guarantors’ tax returns, financial statements, and cash flow, and Identify strengths and weaknesses of the business borrower and guarantors.
- Review financial ratios for use in evaluating member business performance against industry standards by comparing items such as assets, liabilities, net worth, liquidity, leverage, profitability, and cash flow, with standards for similar type business.
- Globally analyze borrower and guarantor financial information and review business’ financial trends with industry standard comparisons.
- Have working knowledge of entity documentation including resolutions, operating agreements, consent agreements, trusts, corporate structures, licenses, and registrations.
- Perform cash flow analysis using various techniques such as UCA, commercial investment property, residential real estate investment property, and traditional cash flow.
- Recommend individual and relationship risk rating based on various factors to assess current risk and potential for changing risk in the future.
This role may be right for you if you have a keen eye to both detail and compliance. You pride yourself on understanding and reviewing financial ratios for use in evaluating member business performance against industry standards. Your previous employers’ site your ability to accurately prepare analysis and reporting, and your previous coworkers talk about your attention to detail. Your friends seek you out when they are trying to make sense of their excel spreadsheet and you bring their vision of the data to life. Your family is proud of your ability to see trends and be able to think a head of the curve.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum three years of experience in business lending and financial analysis.
- Minimum three years of accounting experience; specifically, the understanding of balance sheets, income statements and tax returns.
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding commercial loan documents.
- Working knowledge of real estate terminology, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of NCUA and State of Washington compliance and regulatory environment for Member Business Lending and real estate.
- Bachelors’ degree.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******