Business Development Officer – Hybrid Remote Option
iQ Credit Union
The Business Development Officer is responsible for increasing member penetration at existing sponsor companies and schools. Coordinates and acts as a representative at community programs and events. Responsible for increasing Credit Union partnerships within assigned region.
This position will cover the Portland Metro area and iQ’s uniQue Oregon Communities!
- Cultivate relationships with community partners within assigned region; promote iQ Credit Union as a benefit to company employees.
- Represent the Credit Union at various events, including but not limited to the annual meeting, grand opening events, etc. and perform public relations at civic and community events.
- Develop programs to increase membership penetration rate; schedule and promote the Credit Union through presentations and on-site visits at community partner locations.
- Analyze partner needs; create a sales strategy and formalized plan that will add value for the specific organization. Analyze effectiveness of sales strategies, prepare periodic reports and tracking trends; and make necessary adjustments to the business development plan.
- Introduce and educate community partners on changes at the Credit Union to encourage the acceptance and adaptation of these changes.
- Utilize sales, referral, and services skills to respond to the needs of businesses/schools/
- organizations, members, vendors, and internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist and help implement all marketing strategies and programs as assigned.
- Analyze needs for business development area and submit budget items to management for budget preparation; work with the Marketing department and vendors to order items for business development area, monitor and submit to management, invoices for budget maintenance.
- Promote the Credit Union products and service-lines to community partners and coordinate on-site events in partnership with Credit Union subject-matter experts.
- Evaluate opportunities to increase and deepen community partner relationships by researching the market; develop programs and sales strategies to sell the Credit Union and make sales call on potential companies.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Approved States Only for Remote:
Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, Michigan.
iQ offers a total compensation package for our totally exceptional employees.
There’s a reason we’ve ranked as one of top workplaces in the Pacific Northwest for the past seven years. We listen to our employees and continue to provide benefits that make a difference.
• iQ pays 100% monthly medical, dental and vision premium for you AND your dependent children.
Saving for retirement
• iQ matches up to 5.5% of your 401(k) retirement dollars.
Paid time off
• iQ offers 11 paid holidays plus vacation and sick time accruals.
• iQ encourages community involvement through paid volunteer opportunities.
• iQ uniquely offers a paid Cultural Enrichment Day to increase awareness of the diverse communities we serve.
Investing in you
• iQ offers a student loan repayment match up to $100 per month.
• iQ supports you in advancing your education and knowledge through tuition reimbursement.
• iQ offers an annual match to amplify your nonprofit giving.
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.