BSA Specialist I
Salal Credit Union
Someone successful in this role will join the team with at least 1 year of recent BSA/AML experience. This could be substituted by experience with Fraud detection and or/investigation experience in a financial institution. This role is ideal for someone who thrives on doing detail-oriented work, managing high volumes, and researching/interpreting regulations.
This role will have the option to work fully remotely but will need to work a schedule in line with our Pacific Timezone operating hours.
The salary range for this role is $47,200-$66,000 per year plus benefits, including:
- Generous 401k contributions
- Charitable contribution matching of $500 per year
- Healthcare plans including options with pre-funded HSA and $0 premiums
- Paid vacation, sick leave, & bank holidays
- Up to $7500 per year in tuition reimbursement
What you’ll do in this role:
- Evaluate AML alerts to mitigate risk and perform investigations.
- Perform triage review to collect data, compile documentation and evidence, review activity patterns and transactional data to detect potential suspicious activity.
- Escalate complex triages for case review to BSA Specialist II or III.
- Prepare CTRs, maintaining a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements, to include the proper completion of related electronic form and submission with required deadlines.
- Negative news searches and verifications of license requirements.
- Identify process improvements and work within the Credit Union’s BSA/AML software (Verafin)