BSA & Fraud Manager
America's Credit Union
A manager responsible for developing, implementing, and administering ACU’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) and Fraud Programs. Accepts the responsibility for the identification, measurement, and monitoring of BSA/AML/OFAC risks. This position oversees the process for investigation and processing of fraudulent, illegal, or improper activities by employees and/or members of the credit union and the prevention and recovery of losses caused by such activities. Oversight of fraud will include, but not limited to card, check, and account fraud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manage Credit Union Bank Secrecy Act program by overseeing with the reviews of ID, Red Flag and OFAC issues.
- Assist with BSA/AML and Fraud functions by performing routine reviews to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity in a time-sensitive and investigative manner.
- Assist with reviewing, drafting, and preparing of FIN Cen filings, including but not limited to currency transaction reporting, (CTRs) and suspicious activity reporting (SAR).
- Review member accounts for suspicious activities.
- Monitor automated BSA/AML/Fraud system timely to identify if filing or reporting is warranted and timely prepares and files.
- Identify, investigate, and draft reports with a conclusion when potential suspicious or fraudulent activity may be escalated or identified.
- Conduct time sensitive investigations of external and internal fraud against the credit union or credit union members, including but not limited to check fraud, fraudulent debit/credit card transactions, online fraud, forgery, theft, and identity theft, elderly abuse.
- Manage fraud cases and losses that affect the credit union, its members, and/or as assigned by management.
- Prepare legal and fraud loss reports for management and other team members as requested.
- Research and evaluate anti-money laundering (AML) cases and accurately and sufficiently documents analysis and findings in the Credit Union’s case management system.
- Perform Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced due diligence and fully document all investigative findings and/or secure additional member documentation as required.
- Support internal teams regarding questions or concerns on Legal and Compliance while providing extraordinary service.
- Develop and maintain Fraud and BSA policies, procedures, and related training.
- Manage processing and handling of recoveries, including but not limited to restitution payments repayment from losses by individuals and outside institutions.
- Provide expertise with individualized consulting and/or written communication in Fraud Preventions to build awareness.
- Research and interpret regulations, laws, remain current with regulatory updates and make recommendations.
- Responsible for supervisory functions including recommendations for hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, disciplinary action, training, and development.
ACU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Disability/Veteran employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.