Branch Manager – Greenwood
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Community Engagement and Business Development
- Create and deploy business development and community engagement action plans that lead to the achievement of branch goals.
- Cultivate relationships with local businesses and community organizations, and identify and provide support for community initiatives, events, and needs.
- Provide insight into how our operations and product offerings can serve the needs of the community, and how we can increase our engagement and impact within the community.
Member Experience and Sales
- Develop and deploy branch action plans that lead to the achievement of sales, service, and profitability goals.
- Create a culture where branch staff embrace Verity’s values and experience standards, successfully uncover member needs, and create trusted relationships with members and the community.
Building and Developing Teams
- Develop and empower a team that can successfully enhance members’ financial lives when the Community Branch Manager is pursuing outside relationships and initiatives.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and develop branch team members who are self-motivated, resourceful, and capable of consistently delivering results.
- Hold regular team and one-on-one meetings, mentor staff toward professional growth goals, write and deliver timely performance reviews, and effectively resolve staff issues.
- Maintain quality branch operations and effectively control risk while meeting service and growth goals.
- Demonstrate effective risk based decision-making that mitigate controllable losses.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Attending the job during regular business hours is a requirement of this position
- Some off-hour and off-site work, meetings, and events will be required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in a financial institution or related experience is required
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact is required
- Post-secondary course work in business, communications, and lending or equivalent experience is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of credit union financial statements and other reports
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Ability to motivate and direct fellow employees
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards
- Ability to analyze and resolve employee relations conflicts
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts
- Creating and managing annual budgets
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodating the physical aspects of the position. The following are normally encountered in this job:
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies or office equipment
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Visually recognize and verify funds for negotiability