Branch Manager – Auburn
Verity Credit Union
Region: Auburn, WA
Contact: Lauren Ploskey
We are hiring a Branch Manager for our Auburn, WA branch who will be responsible for building, developing, and coaching a branch team to create trusted relationships and empower members’ financial lives. This position does this by leading their branch to meet sales, service, and community engagement goals while managing risk ensuring compliance with Verity’s policies, procedures, security measures and applicable laws. As the leader of the branch, the Branch Manager is expected to model the behaviors they ask of their staff including adherence to our Verity Experience Standards.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington. We are honored to be a National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the third year in a row and one of Seattle Business Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” over the years.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Building and Developing Teams
- Partner with HR to recruit, interview, hire, and onboarding branch staff
- Consistently hold team and individual coaching meetings
- Write and deliver annual performance reviews
- Provide on the spot feedback to staff
- Hold staff accountable to individual performance expectations
- Resolve staff issues through counseling, documentation, and disciplinary action according to credit union standards
- Mentor staff toward personal and professional growth
Member Experience and Sales
- Develop and deploy experience, sales, and community action plans that lead to the achievement of branch goals
- Ensure staff adherence to the Verity Experience Standards
- Work with staff to actively refer to business partners
- Lead by example and consistently perform the behaviors asked of staff
- Actively engage with branch community
- Participate in community events relating to Verity Credit Union
- Accountable for maintaining quality branch operations that lead to a satisfactory audit and low risk rating
- Demonstrate effective risk based decision-making that mitigate controllable losses
- Maintain security of physical premises including adherence to Verity’s robbery procedures; proper cash controls; protecting member information and Verity assets
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and federal regulations and demonstrate compliance with set standards
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Attending the job during regular business hours is a requirement of this position
- May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings
- May be required to work Saturday hours
- Traveling will be required for meetings and possible off site training classes
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of credit union financial statements and other reports
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Ability to motivate and direct fellow employees
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards
- Ability to analyze and resolve employee relations conflicts
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts
- Creating and managing annual budgets
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodating the physical aspects of the position. The following are normally encountered in this job:
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies or office equipment
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Visually recognize and verify funds for negotiability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in a financial institution or related experience is required
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact is required
- Post-secondary course work in business, communications, and lending or equivalent experience is preferred
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.