Point West Credit Union
The Branch Manager performs all management functions at retail or remote branch including supervision of all staff and operational activities of the branch. Provides direction and leadership, team and individual development and coaching of Member Experience and Financial Solutions teams. Champions member experience to ensure relevant product and service delivery to members. Ensures compliance with board and staff policies, state and federal laws, and credit union regulations to maintain a safe and sound cooperative. Able to perform all needed operational duties of the branch, including teller and lending functions as well as other duties requiring additional knowledge and experience as required.
An Excerpt of Essential Functions
- Serves as a true member advocate. Goes above and beyond to provide a positive member environment, while ensuring prompt, accurate responses to staff and members across all applicable channels, (in person, phone, email, etc.)
- Directs daily branch operations according to established operating procedures and guidelines. Directs and performs all aspects the Teller/Member Experience/Financial Solutions continuum as needed, including but not limited to processing member transactions, accepting and processing new account/loan applications, activating supervisory overrides in the core system, and approving transaction exceptions within defined parameters.
- Identifies and provides training and education to enhance individual development in relevant loan/account products and services; product and service features and benefits; regulation and compliance. Serves as a model for providing member service at the credit union.
- Ensures branch coverage for member service. Manages and schedules employee paid time off (PTO), breaks and lunches.
- Handles escalated service situations with members. Assists employees with member service complaints and issues and provides follow-up and/or further escalation as needed.
- Manages branch compliance; provides reports for compliance audits and examinations as needed.
- Manages the security and safety of the branch. Analyzes and monitors security and safety policies and procedures on an on-going basis. Ensures staff receives ongoing training on security and robbery procedures.
- Strategic Functions:
- Drives branch efficiencies and service through technology, product and service innovations. Encourages efficiency and innovation amongst credit union employees.
- Provides a safe, fun and productive work environment that fosters creativity, service, efficiency, and teamwork for staff and members alike.
- Assists with setting service standards that align with the credit union’s Strategic Business Plan (i.e., delivery of products and services to members).
- Monitors and tracks staff service goals for performance and incentive evaluations. Provides coaching for improvement; refinement; or accelerated learning as needed.
- Encourages and develops trust among staff members and all other credit union departments to ensure a “team effort” approach and prompt and courteous member service.
- Maintains a highly motivated and well-trained, competent staff, sustaining effective employee and member relations.
- Jointly selects and assigns credit union employees within functional area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages performance standards. When necessary, implements corrective action.
- Conducts regular one-on-one discussions and evaluates job performance to ensure quality of work and service to members and team members. Prepares and delivers quarterly and annual performance appraisals to assigned staff.
- Schedules and cross-trains team members adequately to ensure effective succession and efficient branch operations.
- Ensures opportunities for employee development and professionalism.
- Involved in development, updates and implementation of policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required (undergraduate degree preferred).
- Minimum of three years retail branch management experience.
- PREFERRED: Fluent in Spanish in all forms of communication: speaking, reading and writing.
Point West’s Declaration of Beliefs
The world is changing, but what we stand for will not. We will continue to educate, provide access, and be a Point of Opportunity for every member of our community. If moving forward as an individual feels impossible, the community is here to help us all take the first step. We stand with our members — all of our members.
As a financial institution, our values are what define us and guide our actions. We know in a capitalist society, you vote with your dollars, and we thank you for standing with us in creating a legacy of support and inclusion.
We believe in an inclusive community. We believe in our people. We believe in you.