Central Willamette Credit Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership to, and daily management of, the member service functions of the Credit Union. Acting as a role model for appropriate behavior, genuinely participate in the decision- making process of the Credit Union’s future while helping staff to recognize and understand the reasoning behind leadership decisions.
• Provide sales coaching/training and technical training to sales and referral staff.
• Evaluate individual performance, provide frequent feedback, and conduct performance evaluations. Recommend promotions, transfers, terminations and/or other changes to the AVP of Retail Delivery.
• Lead the effort to develop branch strategies required to meet or exceed monthly branch performance goals as well as contribute to the success of our Credit Union strategic goals.
• Promote and develop a sales force who aggressively work to leverage the breadth and depth of member relationships with the Credit Union.
• Accomplish sales results and meet member needs by developing, motivating and rewarding sales staff, communicate sales goals and results and recognize performance.
• Administer all personnel policies and work rules consistent with Credit Union’s philosophy.
• Analyze the work flow of the member services structure in all areas, and recommend changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
• Monitor market conditions and changes to financial services/products; research and recommend new/improved services/products to the AVP of Retail Delivery.
• Keep branch clean, clutter free, welcoming, and have the proper marketing material displayed.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services and the legal, regulatory and compliance issues that may affect them.
• Interacts frequently with employees and members throughout the day; provides staff members a positive, professional role model of member service and sales through personal example.
• Prepare reports, gather information and make presentations as necessary and directed.
• Develop relationships and solve problems for members and ensure their on-going satisfaction with the Credit Union.
• Develop and maintain community relationships as needed/necessary for the Credit Union to be viewed as a responsible member of the community, and participate in other, similar activities working toward the outlined sales goals and to further the values and viability of the Credit Union movement.
• Update, develop and suggest changes to procedures as necessary.
• Ensure employees participate in Credit Union training programs and regular all-team Connections Trainings.
• Cooperate and work with co-workers as a team member.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Work as a resource and back up for your team to ensure the member is always taken care of in a timely manner; ensure you are up to date with our Policies, Procedures and Processes to ensure you can effectively help your team and our members.
• Attend training and comply with CWCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Ability to present a professional image to management, staff, and outside contacts.
• Strong leadership and development skills to effectively train and motivate staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
• Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
• Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
• Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of members.
• Proficient in System and PC skills, with the ability to learn new software
• Working knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to consumer lending and savings.
• Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience in either business or sales management is required.
• Two or more years of progressively responsible management experience within a financial organization to have gained necessary experience and background knowledge to manage a facility and to deal effectively with employee and member relations.