Northwest Community Credit Union
Region: Eugene, Oregon
Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders’ commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 70 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union serves members from offices in 14 locations across Oregon.
Come join our team and flourish:
- Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
- Fun and rewarding work environment
- Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
- 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
- Company paid continuing education
- Tuition assistance
- Same day access to earned wages through on-demand payroll
- And much more!
At Northwest Community Credit Union, the health and safety of our employees and members is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our branches and offices in compliance with Oregon Health Authority industry and statewide guidance.
Position Primary Purpose:
Responsible for providing Uncommon Care to assigned market area. Attracts, retains and develops a professional branch staff. Leads the team to deliver consistent high quality service and to exceed sales goals through attracting new membership and by deepening relationships (cross-selling) with our members. Ensures that the branch(s) control risk by adhering to required operational processes and standards. Leads the team through organizational change.
- Provides overall guidance of personnel activities to ensure solid team efforts toward the attainment of Branch and Credit Union goals.
- In partnership with back office support as appropriate, responsibility for employment, training, scheduling, motivating, evaluating, accountability and retaining quality staff. Proactively participates in training/skill building to close gaps and build proficiencies. Specifically follows prescribed coaching processes, frequencies and documentation.
- Responsible to lead the team to deliver the expected service behaviors and results. Schedules according to forecasts, uses the scheduling tools and follows scheduling expectations.
- Responsible to lead team to deliver the expected relationship deepening behaviors and results; lobby leading, teller referrals and conversation catchers. Maintains a functional level of knowledge and procedural expertise in all Credit Union products and services. Knows, models and coaches adherence to the NWCU standard expectations for core teller and MSS competencies.
- Responsible to lead team to perform required operational and risk control processes and inspections. Ultimately responsible for protecting our members, employees and credit union and is charged with looking for and appropriately mitigating risk beyond the required processes.
- Interacts frequently with employees and members throughout the day; provides staff members a positive, professional role model of member service and sales through personal example.
- Represents the Credit Union and provides leadership in key community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social organizations.
- Promotes Credit Union programs and encourages new membership by making outside visits to existing and potential clients in the business community.
- Responsible for the coordination of all facilities in local market area.
- Promotes collaboration between all branches and departments with staff and supports through personal example.
- Uses effective and efficient cost control methods to control operating costs. Meets FTE targets.
- Responsible to conduct ongoing analysis of branch work flows and activities for the purpose of recommending improvements and more efficient processes.
- Ensures personnel adherence to policies and procedures.
- Utilizes knowledge to answer difficult questions, to explain specific policies and procedures, and to solve complex problems for members and staff.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports as requested by management.
- All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of four (4) years’ of branch management experience within a financial organization. Experience and background knowledge to manage a branch and to deal effectively with employee and member relations.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience in business management may substitute education requirement.