Providence Federal Credit Union
Contact: Brett Wooden
Phone: (503) 513-8754
Fax: (503) 513-8770
The Branch Manager is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of a full-service branch team. This position manages a team responsible for the profitability, meeting service standards, operational excellence and maintaining an exceptional member experience at a retail location to achieve performance goals. Provides a wide range of member financial services both originated at the branch and in partnership with other departments. Uses advanced knowledge of branch systems and transactions to deliver service and/or on-the-job training, be available daily for staff questions or clarifications, approvals or escalations and/or technical and online issue resolutions.
Provides oversight of activities and employee training and development to ensure effective service delivery, processes, systems and controls for deposit services. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance, superior marketing to member needs, effective problem resolution, and continuous process improvement.
Partner with the AVP, other team members and departments, to plan and develop the branch budget, strategic initiatives, and organizational priorities.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of the Branches (Providence Office Park II and St Vincent) to achieve a consistent and successful service and growth culture aligned to the goals and objectives for the credit union. Monitor workflows across multiple delivery channels and provide leadership and support for complex member requests, approvals, and exceptions. Train and coach staff to deliver products and services to serve the needs of the member. Observe and analyze department and individual performance, provide feedback and assistance to staff and create and implement action plans to address areas identified for correction.
- Ensure policies, practices, and systems are developed and implemented using a member-driven and member-friendly focus to enhance the member experience and product/service growth within safe and sound business practices. Continuously review and validate procedures and practices to ensure an operational environment that is consistent within various service channels available. Establish department and staff production and performance targets for efficiency, service, quality and compliance. Stay current on market conditions, regulatory changes, and risk assessments for program, policy, and procedure as needed.
- Stay current on all products and services offered by the credit union and competitor trends in designing and managing effective Branches. Ensure staff members are educated routinely on products and services and empowered to identify and fulfill the financial needs of the membership. Utilize employee and member feedback to work cross functionally with internal partners on creating and executing product and sales initiatives and growth strategies. Serve as a project liaison for the Branch on key corporate projects that impact the Branches.
- Hire and train qualified staff. Evaluate and coach staff on member service, manage performance for continuous improvement. Assign goals and objectives to staff, report monthly productivity and efficiency results to staff and management. Support a positive environment of productive teamwork and collaboration. Partner with management on employee matters as appropriate.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of product and service programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics and complying with all Federal and State requirements.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in the financial services industry.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a credit union or bank with demonstrated knowledge of financial services products, sales and service skills, and branch operations.
- A minimum of two years supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Experience in training others on-the-job, handling escalated service issues, providing resolution of technical procedures and/or policies, and other basic skills needed to lead others effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience in using technology to accomplish work.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of the Branches to achieve a consistent and successful service and growth culture aligned to the goals and objectives for the credit union. Monitor workflows across multiple delivery channels and provide leadership and support for complex member requests, approvals, and exceptions. Train and coach staff to deliver products and services to serve the needs of the member. Observe and analyze department and individual performance, provide feedback and assistance to staff and create and implement action plans to address areas identified for correction.
- Oversee and manage a branch teams to accomplish profitability goals, maintain Credit Union operating standards, meet or exceed service goals, and maintain an exceptional member experience. Build relationships with members and the community to continuously grow new members and deepen existing relationships. Participate in activities to grow brand awareness and attract and retain members. Monitor, analyze, and develop reporting on key member service experience and branch profitability metrics. Advise AVP of requirements for equipment and facilities. Monitor costs of operation within branch operating budget, maintain inventory of office supplies and forms.
- Ensure the branches are run in an operationally sound manner and that Federal, State and local regulations and laws are consistently followed. Display mastery of advanced knowledge in Credit Union practices and procedures to ensure consistent application and compliance with industry regulations. Provide sound guidance on exception and/or override transactions and all member requests and ensure staff have useful resources and guidance to make decisions within authority levels and access to assistance as needed. Implement routine and non-routine audits and/or assessments and reviews to ensure branch procedures are achieving accurate and desired results in compliance with controls. Develop and execute corrective measures to address issues that surface.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of departments to conduct process improvement analyses in branch banking policies, procedures and systems. Maintain regular communication with AVP on member and employee matters within the branch. Create strategies and action plans to continuously build and deliver on our member experience commitments. Work closely with marketing, investment solutions, mortgage lending partner, consumer lending, and all other necessary departments to continuously promote products and services and ensure staff are trained in referrals and cross-sell opportunities.
- Remain current on industry trends, best practices, regulations and credit union policies. Provide recommended actions for increasing market penetration and/or member services to remain market competitive and continuously grow membership.
- Hire and develop direct reports consistent with Providence FCUs values, culture and people management policies. Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports and branch staff as appropriate. Partner with management on employee matters as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.