SELCO Community Credit Union
Location: Salem, Oregon
Work Location: This position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-time
Benefit eligible: Yes – full benefits
FSLA status: Exempt
Required schedule/availability: Monday-Friday (8:00am-6:30pm)
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Branch Manager to join our team in Salem, Oregon. This position provides an exceptional service experience for SELCO Community Credit Union’s members, team members and guests; is responsible for overseeing operations, maintenance, and appearance of the branch; and providing leadership to ensure adequate staffing, training, and attainment of sales and service objectives. The successful candidate brings three (3) years of branch operations experience, as well as two (2) years of team leadership or supervisory experience. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Welcome and interact with members, team members and guests in a warm and friendly manner. Demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help others, and consistently address and thank the person by name.
- Ensure effective team management including the following:
- Provide team member oversight of work assignment and review, conduct regular reviews of individual performance, provide appropriate performance feedback and coaching, and initiate employment actions.
- Ensure adequate training and cross-training to accomplish organizational objectives and provide high-quality service to internal and external members.
- Identify staffing needs and recommend staff allocation to management.
- Requisition open positions and follow through with hiring in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and assist others in providing effective leadership, including:
- Maintaining mission, corporate values, service promises and standards.
- Ensuring adequate, effective, and professional communication.
- Foster a professional, safe, and productive work environment.
- Support team in resolving difficult situations, complex issues, problems, and complaints.
- Perform branch functions including teller, account, and loan services while promoting SELCO’s products and services. Build and develop member relationships by asking open ended questions, identifying member needs, and promoting and cross-selling suitable core and specialized products and services.
- Assist team members and other departments, as needed.
- Develop and support a referral and sales culture; ensure team is trained to promote SELCO’s products and services, and track progress toward meeting sales objectives.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the G-VAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Initiative and ability to effectively cross-sell SELCO’s products and services.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in person, over the phone, and in writing, including through electronic channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels both within and outside the Credit Union.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through experience, job training, and self-study.
- Computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Minimum three (3) years of branch operations experience; and
- Minimum two (2) years of team leadership or supervisory experience; and
- Must maintain active federal registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System; and
- Must be bondable.