Trailhead Credit Union
Trailhead Credit Union has a position open for a Branch Manager. The position would be responsible for developing a highly effective team of employees and developing each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. The Branch Manager is responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of the member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution. This position assists in the operational and sales efforts of the branch; assists the VP Member Services/Lending in training, coaching, and evaluation of the branch staff, and assists branch in achieving established sales goals.
- Uphold the Trailhead service promises: Deliver, Engage, Anticipate, Respectful, Reward
- Develop a highly effective team of employees and develop each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership
- Ensures staff is trained to interview members for all credit union services and identify financial needs.
- Evaluates loan applications within Credit Union loan policy and makes recommendation for approval or disapproval of loan request.
- Ensure that the branch meets sales and service goals as established by the Credit Union.
- Meet with each employee monthly to review previous month’s performance, set goals for upcoming month’s performance and develop plans to improve employee’s performance.
- Understands fully all requirements and procedures in initiating and processing all services available to the membership.
- Must comply with government and other regulations affecting the credit union industry including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and The USA Patriot Act.
- Participates in community affairs to increase the credit union’s visibility and to enhance new and exciting business opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in consumer, real estate lending, and commercial accounts with a financial institution.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of consumer and real estate loan policy and credit-granting criteria.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate assigned staff and maintain an effective and efficient schedule of workflow.
- Ability to perform detailed, analytical work and make independent decisions within scope of authority.
- Advanced knowledge of interviewing skills and techniques in dealing with the membership.
- Thorough knowledge of computer system and the ability to efficiently operate terminals for all transactions.
- Ability to instruct others while maintaining a cooperative attitude with other employees.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
The Trailhead difference:
As we embrace the “small enough to know better” mantra, we work to guide each member on their individualized path to financial success. We believe in Portland, our hometown, and the unique people who live here. So we embrace their individuality and work to help them succeed. Learn more about the Trailhead difference at www.trailheadcu.org.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position.