Horizon Credit Union
Responsible for the overall sales and operational success of the credit union branch. Actively participate in branch sales and operations by leading and overseeing branch activities ensuring a positive member experience. Actively coach and motivate employees to achieve established Credit Union goals. Responsible to develop staff and manage processes to ensure operational effectiveness and service continuity. Guide the workflow in the branch, fostering a quality sales and service environment and demonstrating CORE Values. Responsible for ensuring the Branch adheres to all regulatory compliance and HZCU’s established policies and procedures.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Member Sales and Service
Responsible for ensuring a well-trained staff that approaches each member interaction as an opportunity to educate and deepen the relationship by providing relevant solutions to improve the financial well-being of the member.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to deepening member relationships through active sales, offering the benefits and features of products and services through membership.
- Provides coaching to team members on creating a positive member experience that builds member loyalty and referrals.
- Reviews and manage internal and external member feedback and perform any follow up necessary.
- Assists employees and members in solving account and operational issues as well as learning and using new & existing technology that provides a self-service channel to potentially avoid future issues.
- Provides support for branch operations by performing duties of member service and loans as needed to meet workload demands, identifying loan and deposit opportunities.
- Ensure team upholds Horizon Credit Union’s CORE values, (Capability, Optimism, Responsibility, Empathy) when interacting with all individuals.
- Monitors branch activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, product sales, business partner referrals, new accounts.
- Be an active member in community outreach to support branch in growth to establish and foster continued marketplace presence.
- Responsible for managing branch employees through coaching, developing skill sets to meet the needs of the branch and members, maintaining a highly motivated and well-trained staff to ensure quality of work and excellent member relations along with achieving established sales goals, performing employee appraisals, and addressing employee concerns as they arise.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Act as a resource in order to provide technical guidance and operational assistance to staff.
- Active involvement in local volunteerism & Credit Union events.
- Responsible for hiring and retaining quality talented employees.
- Ensure effective branch sales meetings and activities with emphasis on asking for the business and building member relationships.
- Reports sales goals, successes, and possible referral progress to Regional Manager. Provides strategic feedback and suggestions for improving performance.
- Proactively schedules and cross-trains adequately to ensure effective branch succession and efficient branch operations.
- Manages the security and safety of the branch. Analyzes and monitors security and safety policies and procedures on an on-going basis. Ensures that staff receives on-going training on security and robbery procedures.
- Monitors branch operations and appearance to ensure a consistent, professional approach. Appearance and operations include but are not limited to policies such as Dress Code and Branch Facilities as well as actions expected per our CORE Values.
- Ensures that the branch is compliant with credit union regulations and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Possess knowledge of the Business Continuity Plan within your area of responsibility and direct staff to complete necessary duties when system interruption occurs.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Attains branch goals in savings, lending, account relationships, transactions, and profitability. Productivity standards are determined from time to time to reflect the traffic, volume and market opportunities for the branch.
- Successfully develops employees’ operational skills, member service and builds strong capabilities with sales and service.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Technically savvy, sales-oriented background preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting sales goals, motivating employees and the ability to meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of risk management.
- Thorough understanding of all products and services offered.
- Knowledge of the collection process and proper detection of fraudulent lending applications and practices.•
- General knowledge of mortgage products and provide basic mortgage consultation.
- Embrace the credit union movement and support the not-for-profit model in all decisions, protecting the credit union’s tax-exempt status, and the branch’s contribution toward net income.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Commitment to high standards and quality of work produced individually and from team members.
- Strong team player and flexible in managing shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively through interpersonal skills regardless of the channel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, debt to income and other financial calculations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Willingness to seek out or join in self-development opportunities as desired to achieve personal growth.