Branch Auditor and Quality Control Specialist
Verity Credit Union
Contact: Maggie Flick
We are hiring a Branch Auditor & Quality Control (QC) Specialist will act as a lead in the coordination and support of the various branch audit initiatives. Primary duties of this role include conducting branch and department internal audits to determine whether controls are adequate and effectively maintained in accordance with policies and procedures. Ideal candidates for this role will have 2-3 years of experience within an auditing role in a financial institution or related field, knowledge of consumer regulatory compliance, and information systems auditing.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people, planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee’s own reviews.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works with Risk Manager and Supervisory Committee to ensure that third party Internal Audit vendors perform financial and operational audits, testing and evaluating controls for safety and soundness, effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with organization and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Prepares audit reports to formalize the reporting of all branch audits and continuous audits performed, using techniques including: research, planning, risk assessment, interviewing, sample testing, analysis, reporting and recommendation formulation.
- Consults and provides guidance on new projects, products or service offerings.
- Assists with regulatory examinations and the annual member verification and financial Audit.
- Ensures that QC work is being completed throughout the credit union through review of department and branch quality control (QC) and self-audit work.
- Completes daily, monthly and quarterly QC and review work, as assigned.
- Makes recommendations to the Supervisory Committee and Risk Manager regarding audit issues, including procedural recommendations.
- Maintains and develops compliance resources.
- Develops knowledge of applicable regulations and keeps current on regulations, board policies, operational procedures, and compliance issues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all general accounting principles and audit techniques.
- Collaborates with various credit union leaders to provide creative solutions to operational problems and to increase the effectiveness of processes and the accuracy of written procedures.
- Strives for continuous process improvement and quality service to internal and external customers.
- Researches and resolves problems presented through Supervisory Committee correspondence.
- Ensures risk-based audits are performed annually as needed on all branches and business units per formal audit plan and calendar.
- Identifies areas of risk, and then develops and implements auditing procedures to monitor and reduce risk to the Credit Union.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Post-secondary course work in accounting, finance or related field is strongly preferred.
- Three or more years of auditing experience in a financial institution or a related field is preferred.
- Work experience in financial services with an emphasis on audit-related duties is preferred.
- Knowledge of information system auditing, and knowledge of consumer regulatory compliance is preferred.
- Experience with and general knowledge of all phases of financial institution products and services is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with and coordinating activities and audit work with outside third party audit vendors, or related project management skills is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail-oriented and good organization skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to learn and use multiple business computer software applications.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet work deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of the financial industry.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse group of employees
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for long periods in an office environment
- Position requires the ability to visually recognize and verify numerical details for accuracy
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual.
Interested in this position? Apply here.