Bilingual Member Support Rep, Call Center
Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
Contact: Rachel Browning
Phone: (503) 423-8320
- Work with members by phone to leverage excellent active listening, effective consultation, and problem solving skills in responding to inquiries on basic financial account transactions
- Continuously develop knowledge of credit union products and services and the internal computer systems used to manage member accounts
- Collaborate with other staff in branches or departments to research and resolve questions or concerns
- Using a member focus, recommend products and services and make referrals to broaden the member relationship with Unitus.
- Participate in Saturday shift rotations
- This position is an entry-level role into the credit union with eligibility for progression to the next level in the job family after six months of continuous and successful work experience in this role.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- A minimum of one year of similar or related experience that includes interacting with customers in-person or by telephone.
- Must have experience with computers handling data entry, data inquiries, and working with email communications.
- Associates degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize activities and follow a problem through to resolution
- Must be able to learn information quickly and maintain composure under pressure
- Spanish-speaking skills are required
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process