Bilingual Member Service Specialist
SELCO Community Credit Union
Bilingual Member Service Specialist
Location: Portland, Oregon (Forest Park Branch)
Work Location: This position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-time
Benefit eligible: Yes – full benefits available
FSLA status: Non-exempt
Required schedule/availability: Monday-Friday (between the hours of 8:00am and 6:30pm)
Starting Pay Range: $20.69-$23.13 per hour. This range will be converted to semi-monthly ranges for full-time employees. This position is eligible to earn additional monthly and annual incentives.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Bilingual Member Service Specialist to join our team at our Forest Park Branch in Portland, Oregon. This position provides an exceptional service experience for SELCO’s members, team members, and guests. The successful candidate brings a minimum of one (1) year of customer service or sales experience, and will be fluent in both English and Spanish. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/why-selco/careers/!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Welcome and interact with internal and external members and customers in a warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help, and consistently address and thank the member by name.
- Provide member service and perform duties with a very high level of accuracy and efficiency to elevate the member service experience, minimize the need to redirect members to others, and help guide them when redirecting is needed while maintaining alignment with service expectations, instructions, policies, and procedures including:
- Build and develop member relationships by asking open-ended questions, identifying member needs, and promoting and cross-selling suitable SELCO’s core and specialized products and services.
- Routine teller services i.e., counting and documenting cash, posting transactions, etc.
- Complex teller services i.e., GL entries, vault balancing, etc.
- Basic member service i.e., processing ACH, card, wire, and account change requests.
- Complex member services i.e., account opening, research, and problem resolution.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with specific inquiries.
- Basic loan services i.e., loan signing and disbursement
- Complex loan services i.e., conduct loan interviews, gather information and documentation, submit requests to underwriting, communicate with members, coordinate signing, and follow up as needed.
- Assist team members and other departments, as needed.
- Demonstrate adaptability and leadership skills, and uphold SELCO’s mission statement, corporate values, service promises, and exceptional customer service standards.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the GVAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Initiative and ability to effectively cross-sell SELCO’s products and services.
- Effective and professional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working independently and as part of a team at all organizational levels.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service or sales experience; and
- Must maintain active federal registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System; and
- Must be bondable.