Bilingual Insurance Customer Service Representative (Full-Time)
SELCO Community Credit Union (SELCO Insurance Services)
Join SELCO Insurance Services as a Bilingual Insurance Customer Service Representative!
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
We are currently looking for a full-time Bilingual Insurance Customer Service Representative to join our team! As a Bilingual Insurance Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for selling SELCO Group’s products and services while providing assistance to prospects and existing insurance clients through in-person, phone and other electronic channels. To view the full position description or apply, visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers.
This position will work onsite at our Gateway Branch location in Springfield, Oregon and is not eligible for hybrid or remote work arrangements. The successful candidate will need to be available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm.
Essential Functions include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Welcome and interact with internal and external customers in a warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
- Maintain a professional, courteous, and helpful demeanor with team members, management, and members.
- Update client and insurance information with insurance companies and in SELCO Group’s insurance systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate insurance sales through internal referrals and service existing policies.
- Finalize insurance sales by ensuring appropriate documentation is accurately completed in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the G-VAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Ability to learn and competently use SELCO Group’s insurance software system.
- Ability to learn and apply each insurance company’s underwriting and application processes.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least two (2) years of customer service and sales experience; and
- Valid Property & Casualty License from the State of Oregon is required (this requirement may be waived for the first 90 days of employment); and
- Must be bondable.
At SELCO, our employees’ well-being is very important to us. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package. All employees have access to our Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, Employee Enrichment Loan, Logo Wear and Gear Reimbursement, and Educational Reimbursement programs. SELCO also offers discounted rates and some waived fees on SELCO services to employees. Employees who meet the eligibility requirements and work an average of 30 hours per week or more are also offered medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending, and supplemental insurance benefits.
Paid Time Off: SELCO offers generous paid time off for all employees to take care of themselves and their families. This includes 12 days of paid sick leave year and paid vacation starting at 11 days per year. Sick and vacation leave is accrued each pay period and pro-rated for part-time employees. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays throughout the year and up to 20 hours of paid time off for qualifying volunteer activities. Other paid time off includes Compassionate/Bereavement leave, Jury Duty, and Witness Duty.
Retirement Plan: 401K retirement plan with employer contributions of up to 7.5%, regardless of the employee contribution (no match required). This is a combination of the Safe Harbor non-discretionary contribution of 3% of earnings (immediately vested) plus anticipated discretionary contribution of 4.5% of earnings (vested after 3 years).
Medical, dental, vision, and alternative care plans are available to eligible employees and dependents. The premium cost is shared by SELCO and the employee.
Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance policies, paid for by SELCO. Additional Life and AD&D coverage for employees and their eligible dependents is available for purchase.
Flexible Spending Account: pre-tax, Cafeteria Plan
AFLAC Policies: Short Term Disability, Accident, Cancer, Hospital Confinement, Critical Illness, Dental, and Term Life Insurance. These policies are available for purchase and premiums are paid solely by the employee.