Bank Secrecy Act Specialist
Harborstone Credit Union
Region: Pacific Northwest
Contact: Bryan Gribble
Phone: (253) 365-6515
This includes the monitoring, identifying and reporting of suspicious activity relative to potential illicit financial crimes or activities as designated by regulation. Perform daily monitoring of system alerts and suspicious activity referrals produced from BSA software, branch/department staff observation, law enforcement or other financial institutions. Review, research and analyze accounts and activity identified for possible Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing.
Responsible for all research pertaining to each suspicious account and presentation for approval and filing. Additionally responsible for filing the SARs after approval, performs ninety day reviews when required and maintains all documentation. Reviews and monitors daily control reports to ensure that all Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) are completed filed. Acts as the direct contact for branches in regards to CTR regulations, in conjunction with documentation retention. Performs FinCen 314a database searches, maintains all documentation and evidence of the search as required by law. Performs daily run of OFAC monitoring against all new and existing CIF records in addition to e-funds and Monetary Instruments. May also monitor CIP and EDD statistical reports. Reviews new account questionnaires to determine and code “high risk” accounts and performs enhanced due diligence, creating and maintaining appropriate file documentation.
Monitors BSA reports to ensure that operational staff complies with all BSA regulations. Any findings out of compliance are monitored for further review and reported immediately to the Risk Management Officer. Provides BSA training as required to staff. Researches and interprets changes in applicable regulations to maintain a working knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act and OFAC regulations. Attends appropriate training as necessary. Provides back up for the Risk Management Specialist as required. Provides clear and respectful communications and interactions between members and the credit union by proactively responding to and resolving member inquires and contributes to effective credit union operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
Upholds legal, regulatory and compliance requirements unique to the role, in addition to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and Information Security policies and procedures. Completes annually required compliance related courses as established by Harborstone Credit Union policies and/or practices.
Effectively builds trust with members and internal staff by embodying and demonstrating the Core Values of the organization (Trust, Advocacy, Prosperity, Equity, Empathy, and Simplicity). Consistently advocates for Harborstone’s members, offering opportunities for financial equity and prosperity and the tools necessary to help them thrive. Demonstrates value and difference by expertly informing our communities of effective financial products, services, and solutions to help them attain their full potential.
· Credit union and/or financial institution products and services.
· RCW, UCC, Regulation CC, D and E, and procedures related to fraud investigation.
· Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act and OFAC regulations.
· BSA and depository information systems and statistical procedures.
· ATM, debit/credit card and share draft clearing transaction systems.
· VISA debit charge-back, ATM adjustments and network operating rules.
· Share-draft clearing and return-item systems, processes, rules and regulations.
· Perform and record general ledger transactions.
· Establish and maintain electronic filing and record keeping systems.
· Effective communications in both oral and written form internally and externally.
· Exercise sound initiative, judgment, and discretion in sensitive matters.
· Present a positive and professional image through internal and external interactions.
· Strong analytical capabilities used in problem solving and decision making.
· Operate standard office equipment such as a copier, personal computer, calculator, etc., which may require continuous or repetitive arm/hand movement.
Interested in applying? Apply here!
Bachelors degree and/or vocational training in accounting, financial management, or related field, preferred.
Four years working in a credit union and/or financial institution in the area of customer service, two of which should be in the area of risk management, preferred.