AVP Sales and Service
Central Willamette Credit Union
Contact: Kim Hallock
Phone: (541) 918-7460
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and passionately serves as the head of CW’s sales and service culture
• Promotes, monitors and manages to established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and financial results. Participates in setting annual goals.
• Takes a proactive approach to excellent member service, requiring the highest service excellence from all branches to create raving fans.
• Contributes to the growth plans for retail branch/product/service expansion. Researches and recommends new opportunities, evaluates performance, and stays abreast of market conditions and industry trends. Researches and recommends improvements to the existing product and service lines.
• Collaborates closely with Remote Delivery, Operations, Marketing, Lending, Training and other departments as necessary to build the sales and service culture and drive growth.
• Provides and cultivates team leadership that is characterized by high levels of professional expertise and conduct.
• Understands CW’s strategy and cascades messaging to all branches.
• Visits branches regularly focusing on leading and coaching Branch staff, working with and through the Sales and Service Coach.
• Provides ongoing coaching, mentoring and training to branch management.
• Cultivates avenues for community involvement that enhance CW’s presence and provide avenues for Business Development.
• Develops and executes an annual branch strategy, anticipates obstacles to achieving the plan and makes course corrections when necessary.
• Works with and through branch management to oversee the day to day operations, workforce planning and goal achievement of the Credit Union’s branches.
• Recommend and implement policies, procedures and programs to create operational efficiencies within the branches.
• Leads and provides developmental opportunities for all team members while promoting an environment of teamwork, effective communication, empowerment and collaboration.
• Develops cross-functional teams with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and growth results by providing ongoing coaching and training,.
• Develops and submits for approval an operating plan and budget, including staffing projections, for all branches.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Ensure self and branch teams attend training and comply with all policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Passion, grit, resiliency, and a strong sense that “sales is service” which will lead to building better lives for our members and strengthening the bottom line.
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement and maintain programs, plans and initiatives.
• Ability to determine best course of action within a wide array of choices.
• Demonstrated experience in building and coaching a team to high performance levels using positive reinforcement, while providing clear feedback and follow through.
• Ability to assess and implement organizational changes.
• Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving, customer service, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong staff development and leadership skills.
• Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
• Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Excellent planning skills, both short and long term planning, financial acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills, with the ability to drive consensus.
• Ability to present a professional image to management, staff and outside contacts.
• Thorough knowledge of financial institution products and services, policies and procedures, remote delivery channels and member service functions.
• Thorough knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the Branch function.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, business operations or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
• Minimum five years of experience in sales, leading teams, multi-site leadership and financial industry experience required; eight years of experience preferred.
• Minimum three years of retail sales and service management disciplines required.
• Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
• Vision (or corrected) to the normal range
• Ability to commute between locations, up to 75% local travel.