Fibre Federal Credit Union
- Oversee and manage the financial, accounting, and bookkeeping functions of the credit union to include accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management, general ledger, investments, financial analysis, participation loans, tenant leases, corporate credit card expense reports, property taxes, and financial reporting.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements. Responsible for financial reporting and financial analysis monthly.
- Monitor and maintain the daily liquidity position of the credit union as well as an efficient cash management program.
- Prepare, validate, and submit Call Report on a quarterly basis. Validate all warnings and provide commentary to NCUA.
- Ensure that all activities are in accordance with GAAP and that the account records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, and internal controls for the accounting department and ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and that the account procedures are in strict compliance with GAAP.
- Streamline processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies within the department and across the credit union.
- Monitor fixed asset management and lease income, expenses, and billing.
- Assist with the development of the annual budget. Provide supportive financial analysis in development through coordination with senior management.
- Provide support and analysis in a timely manner as requested by auditors and examiners.
- Conduct special accounting studies, analysis, and special projects as requested by senior management.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, and coaching, performance evaluations, training, motivation, and discipline to all direct reports so that they can achieve performance goals and provide superior member service.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas of improvement, changes in procedures, and new developments. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
Minimum 7-10 years previous experience in accounting or finance role.
In-depth knowledge of GAAP and federal and state regulations.
Exceptional communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Effective leadership skills and the ability to coach and develop staff to achieve goals and maintain respectful relationships with members and with each other.
Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities for self and staff to accomplish objectives.
Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products (expert knowledge in Excel), accounting programs and software programs applicable for the position. Ability to quickly learn new technology.
Experienced with database software, management, and queries.
Ability to conduct, document, support, and analyze complex projects and effectively communicate the analysis to stakeholders at all levels of the organization, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Competitive Salary
- Rich Benefits Package including: 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance for the employee
- Paid Vacation Time
- 401(k) Plan
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- 10 paid holidays off
***All offers for employment with Fibre Federal Credit Union are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a background check, credit check, and drug screening. ***
The Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. The Credit Union makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. The Credit Union policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and not tolerated by the Credit Union. At the Credit Union, we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Credit Union and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Credit Union, including supervisors and co-workers.